"Ah, so you're a real Korean after all," he grinned. Starting chopping green onions. He did it quickly, like one of those chefs in cooking shows on tv. She was in awe.
"You like cooking, don't you?"
"Hm yeah.. almost as much as eating." He poured the batter into a pan."It's been quite awhile since I made food for someone though. Kinda missed it."
"You can cook for me whenever you want," Yongsun giggled, dangling her feet. "I'm usually too lazy to make anything after work. I just eat cornflakes."
"That.. doesn't sound healthy," he chuckled. Watching her stretching her arms over the counter. The smell of the kimchi pancake filling the air. He carefully let the pancake slide from the pan to a plate. Content with his work, he presented it to her. "Wanna try?"

She bit down on her lips and nodded. Her hand reaching out to grab the chopsticks laying next to the plate. Tearing off a piece of the spicy pancake. Her eyes widening.
"Damn, that's really good." Her seemingly satisfied expression when taking another bite making him smile proudly. "And you know what?" she said then while starting munching on her third piece, "I already know the perfect dessert."

»»»

"This better be the best cake ever though or I'm suing," Seokjin joked, avoiding yet another puddle. "I'm not even that much into sweets. Why did I agree on going to that cake shop?"
"Stop whining like a baby," Yongsun laughed. Nudging him with an elbow as they stopped at a traffic light. "I promise it was worth it. It's the greatest chocolate cake you'll ever get. There's even liquid chocolate inside of it!"
She looked so excited for that cake, she was seemingly in love with it. It was quite adorable for him to observe. So he just pursed his lips and stopped complaining.

It might have stopped raining, but the humidity was still palpable in the atmosphere. Their shoes making splashing noises with every step. New York after a summer storm was quite poetic. Especially since it seemed like abandoned. Only a handful of people strolling through the usually busy streets. Only the amount of cars was the same, if not even more.

Yongsun abruptly stopped then, making him bump into her. She had spotted a bench under some trees at a small park next to the skyscrapers. And eager as she was about eating the cake, she walked up to the bench and sat down. Her eyes lighting up when opening one of the paper containers and seeing the brown and glossy cake. Grabbing it out carefully with one of the napkins she found in the bag, she took a large bite. Almost moaning at the taste of it.

"Ith tho goood!" Her words muffled due to her mouth being stuffed with the pastry. Chocolate frosting all over her lips. Making it hard for him to understand her. He grabbed his own paper container then and took his piece of cake out. Taking a bite as well. And indeed, it tasted better than he had expected. In fact, it tasted like pure heaven.
"Tho good!" he said with his own mouth filled.

Yongsun laughed then, swallowing. "You got so much chocolate on your face!" she grinned. Making him playfully scoff. "You're not better!" He grabbed the other napkin then, wiping it over his lips. "And now?" She shook her head. Sighing when watching him wipe it again and failing. Taking the napkin out of his hand, she wiped the remaining chocolate off his cheek herself. Not noticing his blushing.

Thunder was heard in the distance then, both tensing up. Soon sensing small cold drops on their burning skins. "It starts raining again," he stated worried and put his cake back into the box. He got up. "We should go back quickly."
The rain now starting pouring down harder. Yongsun nodded, putting the boxes back into the plastic bag. Suddenly feeling something thrown on her head. Confused she flinched back. Seeing his jean's jacket laying on top of her head.
"Come!" he yelled over the louder becoming rain. Holding his hand out for her. Staring at it for a moment, she grabbed it and stood up. Pressing the bag with the two cakes close to her chest with one arm, while the other hand was engulfed by his.
And they started running through the streets of Upper Eastside. Not letting go of each other or caring about stepping into one puddle after another. It was too late to worry about that anyway.

Her eyes fell on his side profile though. His long waves swaying over his forehead as heavy rain drops rolled over his face. And for some reason it had felt like back then. When she had first seen him. Back then she had also only seen his side profile.With that same stern look on his soft round eyes. A contrast she couldn't forget. It was the same expression he had now.
Back then it had been anxiety. She was wondering what caused it now. Perhaps he simply worried of them getting soaked.

They stopped at a traffic light then, Yongsun's hand clutching even firmer around the bag with the pieces of cake. Trying catching her breath. He didn't seem to be out of breath yet. Seemingly having much better stamina than her.

"Hey, Jinnie.." Her eyes fell on their intertwines hands, then on the wet ground. Her biting down on her lip. "Why are you doing this? Why do you always come along when I have one of my random ideas?"
She kept staring on the concrete, waiting for a reply. But all she got was silence. Making her frown. She looked up, seeing him staring at her with furrowed brows. His hair completely drenched now. His free palm went behind his ear then. "Did you say something?"

Her brows rose. He hadn't heard her because of the rain. And for some reason she got frustrated. Frustrated because she felt embarrassed. Too embarrassed to repeat the question. And in an abrupt manner, she grabbed his ear and pulled him down to her level. Making him his eye grow wide, freezing in his tracks. "Idiot!"
She let go of him. Leaving Seokjin staring at her bewildered. His lips parted. However, the traffic light turned green. Feeling her hand tugging his. "Come on or we'll get soaked for good!" she laughed and they started running again. And he couldn't help but smile as well.

Yongsun confused him. She confused him a lot. But he enjoyed it.

»»»