1: EVERYBODY'S TALKIN' (JOHNNY)

PHOTOS - Johnny

PHOTOS - Johnny

Kenton, Ohio
July 2015

It was a humid night in mid-July and I was on my way home jogging down the Athens Road on the return leg of a three-mile run. Football practice was starting in a couple weeks and I was sure to make wide receiver on the team again, my senior year at Kenton High. My best bud Jason was quarterback and we'd been a winning combination on the field last year, leading the team to our conference finals. We were both looking forward to a repeat performance this coming season.

So I'd been running six-seven miles a day, working out in my garage at home, getting my body buffed and shredded, totally in shape. It felt so good to be so strong. Even in the heat, I could have kept on running all night long. I felt like some kind of a superman.

I was wearing only my running shoes and a pair of gym shorts with a jockstrap underneath. Sweat was pouring down my chest and abs. My short dark hair was soaked and I had to keep wiping the sweat out of my eyes. The thud of my shoes on the pavement was like an endless bassline beat.

Work ... work ... work...

That's what it was saying. The body had to be worked, worked out hard. It had to be tough, strong, ripped ... perfect. And I was as close to that as a boy my age could be. At seventeen, I was five-foot-eleven and one-hundred-eighty pounds, all muscle, with a body like the young dude porn stars on the Internet. I was fucking hot, no doubt about it. It was awesome knowing I had exactly what everybody wanted. 

Graduation was coming up next year and I was excited about the future. I lived with my uncle, and we hadn't come to an agreement yet about what I should do then. But, whatever was going to happen, or maybe not happen, I knew I could always go to New York or Hollywood, Las Vegas or San Diego, and become a porn star, or at least an underwear model. I knew I definitely had the body and the looks.

And get my hot ass out of Kenton.

The small town in the southeast Ohio hills loomed up ahead and I slowed my pace, moving over onto the gravel shoulder. There'd been no traffic outside of town at this late hour, but cars were whizzing by now heading to and from the town square and in and out of the side streets  sprouting off the Athens Road. A carload of noisy high school kids whizzed by.

"Hey, there's Johnny Queerhole," a male voice shouted from one of the windows, arms flailing out at me. "Show off! Whyn'cha wear some clothes, huh Johnny ... ?"

The voice and the noise trailed off accompanied by peals of laughter as the car headed into town.

"Fuck you, assholes!" I yelled back. Damn them! I knew who they were, goth punks who thought it was queer - goofy queer - to be a jock. They sure didn't have the balls to say something like that to my face, the idiots.