Chapter 10

Hiccup pulled away quickly, standing up, drawing his weapon. "What!?" He exclaimed. (Y/N)'s eyes widened. "There are Armeraelian ships here?" She asked frantically. The viking nodded, and Hiccup groaned. "(Y/N), stay here. I won't let them get to you. I'll come back." He said, reaching out, and cupping her jaw again. Tears fell from her eyes, as she sat on the floor, legs to weak to even try and stand up. His eyes flickered down to her lips once again, hesitating, before he pulled away, running off, whistling for Toothless. The two flew off, and (Y/N) sat on the ground, helpless, as Miroh tried to comfort her rider.

Hiccup and Toothless flew to the island where everyone and their dragons had gathered. They all made way, as Toothless landed them on the edge of the island, and Hiccup gasped. "1, 2, 3.. 5 ships.." He counted. Sure, it wasn't a lot. But remember, these were Ameraeli ships. Ships that vikings tell their kids about in the form of tales, to make sure they behave. And Berk wasn't a heavily populated island, anywhere between 250 to 300 vikings, and Thor knows how many people are on those ships. A single arrow was fired from a boat in the middle, shooting straight up in the sky, before heading towards them, and then..

"HOOKFANG!" Snotlout shouted, as the arrow pierced the dragons wing, sending the Monstrous Nightmare and his rider tumbling down. "Oh gods.. That was just luck, right?" Fishlegs asked, voice wavering. A boulder was shot from another ship, knocking a random viking and their Grockle to the ground. "Guys, we have to move! We can't just sit here and let them take our dragons down! Let's go!" Hiccup cried, Toothless flying forward, the other riders following after. Valka followed, then Gobber, Eret.. Soon enough, most of Berk and their riders had jumped off the edge of Berk, diving towards the ship.

(Y/N) was frantic as she heard all the noise outside. She sat in her cell, curled up against Miroh, and cried, her cries almost loud enough to drown the sounds out. "I'll come back.", his words replayed in her head, as she prayed to any God that would listen. Miroh gargled sadly, trying to dry her riders tears. (Y/N) looked ahead, and saw the keys on the floor. She gasped, and frantically threw herself against the bars, trying desperately to reach them. "COME ON!" She screamed, the keys just out of reach. "Miroh, please!" She cried out. Miroh cooed sadly, curling up next to the girl. She wrapped her tail around her protectively, wiping her eyes with her tail fins. (Y/N) examined the tail fins in her hands, before she had an idea. "Miroh.. You're a genius, try and reach the keys with your tail." She said, voice breaking. Miroh nodded, and scooted her butt up against the cell, her tail barely touching the keys. She stretched her tail out as far as she could, slowly bringing the keys closer, until they were within arms reach. (Y/N) scrambled to stick her arm out of the cell and reach the keys, and when she did, she tried the first one she grabbed. "Shit.. not this one." She said, as it didn't go in. She tried desperately to fit the next key into the lock, but it didn't. Finally, the 7th, and last key, opened the cell. She fell out after the support of the door suddenly shot away. She dragged herself a few feet, trying desperately to get her shaky legs to support her body. Miroh scooped her up onto her neck, and they took off. "Miroh, we need to go to the forge. Your saddle is there." (Y/N) said. Miroh made a sound, and brought them to the forge. Miroh barely touched the ground before (Y/N) was off of her, and ran into the building. She looked around for the saddle, before she found it hanging up. "Gods, Eret must have put it away when he came back. This better fit." She said, buckling the saddle to Miroh. "Thank Thor!" She cried out. She scampered around, looking for any type of weapon. She slipped a dagger into her holster on her left side, and a sword into the holster on her right. She slipped on some loose fitting blue amour, that she assumed was Astrid's old armour, and hopped back on Miroh. The two took off again, and followed the cries. They lowered to the ground onto the edge of the island, looking desperately for Hiccup. (Y/N) let out a shriek, covering her mouth, as she saw Hiccup trying to fight off two vikings, while Toothless laid helpless on the ground, tied up in a net. "MIROH, GO!" She shouted. Miroh jumped off the cliff, flying high into the air, before they began falling, Miroh getting ready to dive bomb into the ship, charging a shot in the back of her throat. Hiccup and the vikings stopped momentarily at the sound Miroh was letting out, and the vikings cleared. Miroh let out a blast of sand, covered in weak fire where the vikings stood, and Hiccup jumped the gap, trying to free Toothless before their side of the ship shank. (Y/N) scanned the ship, and saw their dead bodies floating in the water. Her heart dropped, yet she was filled with something else too. She didn't bother to think about it too much, because Hiccup called out to her once he got in the air. "What are you doing!? It's dangerous out here!" He shouted, angry. "I couldn't just sit there! Hiccup I was worried, I came to help." She shouted back, voice still raw from crying. Hiccup was about to speak when they heard a net being fired at them. "HICCUP!" (Y/N) shouted. Miroh dove towards the two, shoving them out of the way of the net, just missing it. "Look, can we talk about this later?!" She screamed, taking off. Hiccup stared at her, his body shaking as he prayed to Thor, Odin, anyone, that she would be safe.
The fighting went on for hours. They'd only taken down 2 ships so far. Sure, they had dragons. But killing dragons is what these vikings did best. Amazingly enough, the only dragons seriously injured were the Gronckle, and Hookfang. The twins were having the time of their lives destroying things, despite the fact that they couldn't seem to grasp how dangerous these vikings actually were. He heard a shriek as he saw (Y/N) get thrown off of Miroh, as Miroh fell to the ship below, trapped in a net. "(Y/N)!" He shouted, diving after her. He took a few shots at Ameraeli vikings on the way, but it was too dangerous to risk firing too many, afraid to hit the Berk vikings also on the ship. Hiccup shouted as he saw her body hit the water, and start sinking. He took a deep breath as Toothless dove into the water, and searched for her. Once Toothless located her, he grabbed her, and flew the two of you them of the water. Hiccup leaned over and grabbed her, trying to keep your body upright as she coughed up water. He hugged her tightly from behind, barely processing what had just happened. "Gods, (Y/N), I was so scared.." He said, his voice muffled by her armour. Her heart jumped, but she knew this wasn't the time. "Yea, so was I, I almost DROWNED!" She shouted, laughing. He only hugged her tighter, as she scanned the ships for her Sand Wraith. "MIROH!" She cried out, seeing three vikings taunting her. She turned Toothless harshly, almost flinging Hiccup off, sending them towards the ship. She jumped off as Toothless passed over their ship, rolling as she hit the deck, and jumping up, facing the vikings. "We've come to get you!" One of them shouted. The other nodded, "Brutus?" She asked, her heart skipping at the sight of the familiar face. "I'm sorry it took so long, (Y/N), but I've come with the finest vikings from Ameraeli to come rescue you. Come along, if you hide-" "NO!" She shouted, pulling her arm out of his grip. "What-" He began, before she grabbed him by the collar, and punching him in the mouth, a tooth falling out. She saw a piece of rope on the ground, and began tying his wrists together. The other vikings charged at her and she ground, before she heard a shout. "INCOMING!" Tuffnut shouted, him and Ruffnut hanging upside down from their dragons, lifting the vikings, and throwing them into the water. Brutus got out of her hold, and punched her in the stomach, causing her to double over in pain, but recovering quickly. She pulled out her sword, as he pulled out his, and they began taking stabs and hits at each other. "Why are you fighting, (Y/N)? What have they done?" He shouted over the commotion. She didn't respond, she just kept swinging, trying to tire him out. "Answer me!" He demanded, raising his sword above his head to block her blow. "Because, Brutus," She said, removing her sword, and spinning to try and get another hit, which he also blocked. "There's something special about Berk. Something Ameraeli could never have." She continued. He swung at her, her armour cracking, catching her off guard, before she regained her balance. (Y/N) and Brutus looked up as she heard the familiar screech of the Night Fury, as he dive bombed at another ship, taking it out. Three down. Brutus laughed. "The chief. Really?" He asked, running at her with his sword. She blocked his hit, like he did earlier. "You're telling me chief Hiccup ACTUALLY managed to do it? You're weaker than I thought. I'm disappointed, (Y/N)." He said in a mocking tone. She growled. "I don't care how you feel." She said, venom dripping from her voice. She screamed as she pushed him off, the two of them going at it on the ship. (Y/N) was backed up against the captains quarters of the ship, as she stared at Brutus. She was bloody, tired, covered in cuts and bruises, ones that would definitely leave scars. Her eyes began to close.
"(Y/N)!" She heard Hiccup call out faintly.
Her eyes snapped open. She saw Brutus standing in front of her, with a stupid grin. Her instincts kicked back in. "I am NOT dying on this ugly boat." She muttered. She screamed as she ran at him, him charging as well. When he was about to strike, she slid under him. He stumbled forward, and (Y/N) stood up, turned around, and pinned him against the wall, her sword up to his neck. She had her body turned a bit so that she was using one of her feet to keep her pushed into him, the other stood on both his feet, keeping them together and in place. One hand gripped the handle of her sword, the other holding Brutus' wrists at his chest, in her signature hold. One wrong move, and his wrists were dust. She had a maniacal grin on her face, and her pupils were dilated. She panted, as blood dripped from her head, down her jaw, and onto the deck. Brutus was also panting, and was afraid. His eyes shifted around, looking for anything to help, but she pressed the blade deeper into his neck, smiling widely. "Don't try anything, boy. You're weak. Nothing. You're under my control." She said, her grin never faltering. She felt her old self filling her body, as she took in his fear. Hiccup's voice went unheard by her ears, as she stared into his eyes. Brutus' face of horror contorted into one of satisfaction. "I knew you were still in there." He said. She fumbled a bit at his words, but kept the blade up. "You'll never change. No matter how much you love him, no matter what he does, you'll still need to kill." He said. She huffed, throwing her blade to the side, and grabbed him by the neck. His eyes widened, as his breath became ragged, and he struggled. She felt sick, yet familiar, as she watched, pressing harder on his neck, until his eyes rolled into the back of his head, and his whole body went limp under her grasp. She dropped him, and stared down at his blue face. The rage, insanity, everything left her, as soon as she realized what she'd done. Her eyes widened, and she covered her mouth with her hands, and backed up. She took a few deep breaths, calming herself down. She saw Fishlegs and Astrid take out another ship. Four down. That means..
She ran outside onto the main deck, as she tried to free Miroh.
"TUFFNUT, RUFFNUT, STOP!" Astrid shouted, as (Y/N) heard the sound of gas being ignited behind her. "Idiots!" She mumbled, as she kept working on freeing Miroh, and she saw Miroh fly off, before darkness consumed her.