Chapter 21-Jaws

Yasss, bitches a double update! I'm on a fucking roll! I'm proud of myself. It's my shortest chapter, but it's sweet and funny.
Enjoy, SC🖤

*****

"I know," Elio says.

It was the middle of the night on Sunday. Everyone else had gone to bed hours before due to the jet lag. Elio, Davina, Adriano, Damien, and Alessio had arrived hours before. Vincenzo stayed back because of his job and Mia, who wasn't cleared for traveling as of now. Malia was his third so she stayed back to run things while he was here.

Santino insisted on waiting up for his woman and his best friend who would be arriving home from Singapore any minute now. Elio insisted on keeping him company with the excuse that he wasn't tired and wanted to catch up like they used to do when they were kids, but in reality he just wanted to wait up and make sure Nikoa came home safely.

"You know what?" Santino asks, taking a sip of his beer. They were currently sitting in the courtyard of the house that opened up into the driveway. The palm trees swayed in the slight breeze and waves crashed against the soft shore.

"I know Midnight and Nikoa are the same person," He says which causes Santino's head to snap towards him with an audible crack.

"How long have you known?" Santino asks.

"I figured it out at the ball when we were dancing. She zoned out for a bit and when I asked her why, she told me about this newest romance she was reading. I asked her to tell me about it and she went into this beautiful explanation about these two lonely and broken souls who found their way back to each other and fell in love out of trickery and deceit."

"Does she know you know?" Santino sets his empty beer bottle on the ground. He was happy Elio had figured it out because now him and Nikoa would be happy, but on the other hand he now owed Maven a day of shopping and his mother a family photo, which he detests with a passion.

Elio shakes his head. "No, and it's going to stay that way." Santino looks at him with an incredulous expression. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"Because she's right, we are completely different people then we once were. This life changes people. I've changed, she's changed. I want to see how far she's willing to open up to me. I want to start over and get to know the new her. I'll love her no matter what, but I just want to see how this plays out. Also I just really want to fuck with her."

"You should just fuck her," Santino mutters.

"We have the rest of our lives to fuck," Elio says. "I waited for twenty-five years, I think I can wait another couple days, or weeks, or months to make love to the woman I love."

"You two must really love each other to both wait to take each other's virginities. Damn, you must really love her to refrain from fucking another woman even when you thought she was dead."

"I do," Elio replies, a full blown smile on his face. "I love her with everything in me."

"That's good," Santino says, matching Elio's smile. "I'm happy to hear that. She's like a sister to me and you like a brother. I'm glad you two are finally making your way back to each other. But just so you know I'll gut you, starting with your bowel if you hurt her." He adds. "That is, if she doesn't do it first."

Elio laughs. "I wouldn't expect anything less." He finishes his beer. "I have to thank you," He sighs and leans forward on his knees. "I don't know what has happened in these last seven years, but I just wanted to thank you for being there for her when I couldn't be."

"You're welcome," Santino whispers. "You should know, there is not a day that goes by where she doesn't think of you. The way she talks about you is nothing short of a woman in love. She has a constellation tattooed on her back, right over her heart. I was with her when she got it. I held her hand as the guy did it and she told me the reasoning behind it. It symbolizes your first kiss, under the moonlight and the stars on the roof of that abandoned building. I've never seen love run that deep."