Chapter 43-No Promises

Warning: Lots of heavy shit

Nikoa ignored him, instead of acknowledging his presence she headed straight for the shower. Stripping out of her sweat-slick clothes and throwing them in the laundry bin, she steps into the shower. The warm water falls against her skin like rain, washing away the sweat and blood. Her stitches had opened barely, but she didn't care. The scar was already almost healed anyway and as long as she cleaned it regularly she wouldn't have to worry about infection. The flesh would form the rest of a scar on its own.

She pumps some of the all-natural fig and rosewater shampoo into her palms, lathering the thick, fragrant, substance into her hair. Her fingers massage her scalp as she massages the shampoo into her roots, eliciting a small grown deep in her throat. She lets the shampoo settle in her hair while she hums the lyrics to New Americana by Halsey.

Her hips swayed as her humming filled the bathroom. She closes her eyes and runs her hands over her breasts and down her stomach. Warm hands stop her hands before they run over her thighs. She spins around, not surprised at all to be met with the amatory smirk she loved so much. Her breasts touch his naked torso, their cores meeting. His dick twitches against her lower stomach. He was at least five inches taller than her at a height of six feet and one inch. She wasn't abnormally tall for a woman, but definitely on the taller side standing at a height of five feet and eight inches.

Neither makes a move. Nikoa stands still as his hands continue to hold hers against her hips. Their breaths mingle as they make eye contact, neither going to be the first to say something. The sexual tension between them was thick. The animosity thick. The unspoken words hung thick in the air over their heads, taunting them.

Elio hadn't had time to think about her words because he was too preoccupied looking for her after he got a notification on his phone that the tracker he placed in her ring was disabled. He should have known she knew about the tracker. He wouldn't put it past her if there was a tracker in his own ring.

Never. The word had been flickering in and out of his mind for the past few hours she was gone. Never wanted children, never would give him children. He didn't know how he felt. Anger, sorrow, disappointment. He should be feeling emotions like those, but he was more confused than anything. He just wanted time to process, but he figured he wouldn't be able to process unless he knew her reasoning. He didn't know if this was a dealbreaker, to be honest. It wasn't three months ago. He didn't want kids three months ago because he thought she was dead, but he needed an heir as the mafia can only stay in the family and he didn't trust any of his cousins in Italy. He would have had to artificially inseminate some woman at one point in his life, preferably when he was on his death bed. Now she was alive. Now the woman he dreamed about having children with is alive and refuses to have kids when seven years ago she wanted them more than anything. He just needed to know why.

"I need to rinse out my hair," Nikoa says after five minutes of intense silence. "Let go of my hands."

He does and she turns away from him, running her hands through her hair to get out all the soap. He admires as the water droplets fall over her body. His dick twitches again, it was starting to become painful. After she left, he had hid in one of the many closets in this enormous house and gave himself a handjob. Release had not left him satisfied. The hours he spent in the gym after Maven forwarded him her picture had not left him satisfied. The men he had tortured down in the basement had not left him satisfied. Seeing her sweaty body home and safe left him wanting her like a thirteen year old boy who couldn't control his hard on, and fucking her against the glass shower door or over the sink would satisfy him very much.

No longer able to resist he grips her hair and yanks her back against his front roughly, wrapping her long and wet hair around his palm. His other hand braces against the wall, caging her body between his. Nikoa arches her back into his front as he angles his head to suck on the back of her shoulder.