Chapter 20-Five Dollar Footlong

"Do you have any idea what this is about?" Elio asks Santino as they walk down the hallway towards the presidential suite, Maven attached to Santino's hip and the most trusted and Xavier trailing behind.

"No, I have no idea, but if she's calling upon both you and me it must be fucking important and not some idle bullshit." They reach the door and Santino knocks on it two times in the same spot, three on a different spot, and two more on the first spot. A secret code of some sort to alert each other of the others presence. The door swings open revealing Nikoa standing in a cropped, black pullover hoodie and a pair of oversized boxers folded down around her hips with Spongebob Squarepants' face on them.

"I knew it! I knew it, you hipopótamo! You lied to me!" Santino exclaims, pointing at the boxers she was wearing. "You tried to blame Xavier, but it was you the whole time. What else have you lied to me about, Puta?" (Hippopotamus, bitch)

"A hippo, do I look fat to you, dumb fuck?" She raises her brows and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Yes," He deadpans. She rolls her eyes. "Answer the question." He narrows his eyes at her in challenge. She does the same. 

She sighs and starts fiddling with her fingers sheepishly. "Remember a couple years ago when you bought a hamster and he disappeared suddenly?" He nods. "I may or may not have skewered him. But it wasn't my fault! He snuck up on me and I just threw the dagger! Oh and you look horrible in floral. Last week's episode of Keeping Up the Kardashians, I watched without you. You're terrible at cooking, despite what I always tell you. You sound like a fucking tractor in your sleep and sometimes I've thought about smothering you with a pillow just to shut you up. And that one time in Cairo, you didn't actually sleep with a dude, Javier and I paid a gigolo to sleep in your bed as a prank because it was April Fools and we never told you. The tattoo you have on your ass of Speedy Gonzalez I drew one night we got drunk, not a tattoo artist." She takes a deep breath. "Damn, it feels good to get that off my chest. Oh, come in, come in. I have waffles on the table and ignore the dead body. The waiter pissed me off."

The group of exasperated and stunned people huddle around the large dining table, staring at the dead body, assessing it as if it was a piece of steak and they were the lions. Midnight pays no regard and shuffles past them, 'accidentally' brushing her body against Elio's. She mutters an excuse me and an apology before going over to the dead body and kicking it a couple of times with her foot until he is shoved in the corner behind a plumeria tree.

"How dare you watch our show without mel!" Santino exclaims, picking up a waffle and plopping it in his mouth.

"Out of all that you're only pissed about our show? I thought it for sure would have been about the male gigolo." She muses while falling backwards on the couch. He shrugs and sits down next to her, pulling Maven on his lap.

"Why are we here, Midnight?" Vincezo asks. "You didn't start another gang war, did you?"

"It was one time!" She exasperates. "And it totally wasn't my fault."

"You seem to say that a lot," He drawls. "Hate to break it to you Privileged Princess, but that gang war was your fault." A dagger embedded in the wall an inch above his head is her answer.

"Uhh, how your fiance deals with you is beyond me. How anyone hasn't cut your fucking tongue out is beyond me."

He smirks. "My fiance seems to think it's my best feature." She laughs, genuinely laughs. "That's the most witty, sarcastic thing you've said in the six unfortunate times we've met. I may have an inkling less hatred for you now."

"The feelings mutual, Assassin." He grins.

"Can we please move along to the part where you tell us why we're here?" Adriano huffs. "I have two girls in my room waiting to be fucked."