You're Mine {Fili x reader}

A.N: I wrote this for the lovely @guardianofrivendell who deserves lots of things, but especially Fíli fanfiction! It's based on this post. I hope I did alright, I loved writing it and hope you guys like it as much as I do!

Word Count: 1,951

Summary: You and Fíli have always disliked each other, but something brings you closer together.

Pairing: Fíli x Reader

Warnings: Xenophobia, Angst, Fluff, Injuries

****

You're Mine

"I don't understand why she needs to be here!" Fíli slammed his fist on the table.

"Oh yeah? Well, it's not like you're adding much to the conversation yourself, sitting there with your arms crossed like a baby."

It was your weekly evening dinner with the Company, and things were going... about as well as usual. Everyone else sat there, silent or quietly chatting with the person next to them, while you and Fíli sniped at each other. Even months after reclaiming Erebor, you and the dwarf still detested each other. As a human traveling with the Company, tensions had been high with everyone at first but the rest of the group had eventually warmed up to you, in no small part because of your help getting the elves on their side during the battle. Not Fíli.

Fíli drew breath to retort, but before he got the chance Thorin stood.

"Y/N, Fíli, if you don't stop this outrageous behavior I will send you to your rooms right now."

"He started it," you exclaimed.

"I did not!" Fíli stood up, glowering, but a glare from Thorin made him sit right back down.

The two of you spent the rest of the dinner sullenly glaring across the table at each other, making faces and basically doing everything you could to insult the other while staying silent. Once it was over, you stomped out of the room, closely followed by Fíli. You make it halfway down the corridor before his hand on your shoulder turns you around.

"Why did you say I started it?"

"Because you did," you huffed,

"I did not!" His face was getting redder with anger.

"You did."

"I don't see why you feel the need to make every single thing my fault, Y/N!" Fíli's face was closer to yours than it had ever been before, you could feel the resentment pouring off of him in waves.

"I don't! I was just telling the truth!" Your fists were clenched by your sides.

"You never tell the truth, Y/N. You just make things up to make me look bad!"

You threw your hands up in exasperation, too angry to speak so you just walked away, leaving Fíli behind, mouth open as if about to say something else.

You walked through the hallways, heading towards your room, stewing.

Make things up to make him look bad. Bah! He does that himself. And besides, he had started it.

He always started it. You didn't know what it was about you that rubbed him the wrong way, but something certainly had.

Lost in your thoughts, you eventually looked up to see a door you didn't recognize. You were so furious that you must have taken a wrong turn. Sighing, you turned around, trying to recognize your surroundings.

They were completely unfamiliar.

You sighed again, picking a random corridor and starting down it, hoping it would lead somewhere you recognized. You made your way through the twisting halls, emerging into a crossroads. You stopped. The archway on the left had those carvings, and the one on the right had Khuzdul for Royal spelled out above. You had never thought announcing where the royalty lived was a good idea, security-wise, but it wasn't your decision. But if that arch was one your right, and the other was on your left, then that meant your room was in the corridor straight ahead!