☆14☆ New Years

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Alfredo raped his daughter, Luciana." Said Karmale with bitterness in her voice.

"Luciana came to my office yesterday and told me all her father has been doing to her. A sixteen year old had the courage to come up this building and talk to her father's lawyer. I am going to talk to her mother today itself and we shall see the way forward."

"Miss Kane, please make sure you don't go against Alfredo because you have been his family lawyer for a long time now. You cannot ever disagree with him."

"Why? Is he some sort of super natural being whose deeds we should just agree to like he does no wrong?" Asked Karmale.

"No, Karmale. He could sue you." Interjected a very concerned Shaun.

"I already considered that fact Shaun and I don't mind being sued. I would rather suffer for fighting for the right cause than let a criminal go free." Said Karmale banging the table with her hand out of anger.

"Okay. Take it easy." Said Shaun worried about what would happen in the future in case Karmale remained adamant.

"Mr. Shaun, you go next." Said Jeop...

....

"Mr. Jeff Weiner"

...

"Ms. Karta."

......

"That concludes our meeting." Declared the chairperson of the meeting.

All the lawyers stood up and left the room.

"Karmale! Can I have a word with you." Called Shaun.

"If you are asking me to back out of Mr. Alfredo's case then I am not going to listen."

"It's for your own good, Karmale."

"I am going to my office, Shaun."

She said and quickly moved out leaving Shaun glued to his seat.

"Good afternoon, madam."

Karmale looked up from her work only to be met by Claire.

"Yes, Claire. How are you?"

"Happy and engaged."

"Oh! Congratulations, Claire. Why the long face though?"

"I have to move to Japan with my fiancé."

"Oh! That's okay, Claire."

Karmale was now on her two feet and she went over and hugged her PS good bye.

"If you ever need recommendation, i am a call away, Claire."

"Thank you madam. It was really fun working with you."

"The pleasure is mine, dear."

"Good bye and good day, madam."

"Same to you Claire. Congratulations again."

-------------------************

(Table phone rings.)

"Yes." Karmale speaks into the phone.

"Miss. Your client is here."
The receptionist said from the other side of the line.

"Luciana's mother, Mrs. Alfredo?"

"Yes, miss."

"Send her to my office."

Knock Knock

"Please do come in."

The woman dressed in a cream dress wearing anxiety all over her face came in.