The Monster Part Two

Third Person POV, El in the woods.

El sits up, pulling herself out of the nightmarish memory. She is covered in dirt smudges and the wig is on the ground beside her. She's sitting in the middle of the woods, nothing but trees in sight.

She snatches up the wig and starts walking. She finds herself at a pond, and crouches over. El pulls the wig on her head and uses the water as a mirror to adjust the wig.

She stares at herself for a second, and then pulls the wig off her head again. She glares intently at the water, and then let's out a loud scream. The water ripples in a straight line and a flock of crows fly out of the tree tops.

Y/n POV

Mike, Dustin and I all grab our bikes and ride to Lucas's house. We stop our bikes in the Sinclair's driveway.

We knock at the door, and wait patiently.

"What do you want?" I can feel the annoyance reverberating off of Lucas.

Mike stays silent, so Dustin and I smack him.

He sighs heavily. "I drew first blood, so..." He sticks out his hand, waiting for Lucas to grab it.

Lucas looks at it for minute, and then he looks back at us.

We are now in Lucas's house, watching him pace around the room.

"Okay." He says after a bit. "I'll shake." Mike mutters something incoherent and puts his hand out. "On one condition. We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate." Lucas ignores my glare.

Mike drops his hand. "Then the deals off."

"Fine!" Lucas yells.

"Fine!"

"No, no, not fine!" Dustin decides to get involved. "Guys, seriously?!" He grabs Mike's shoulder and spins him around. "Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?" And now he lost me.

Mike and Lucas are equally as confused.

"We couldn't agree on what path to take, and we split up the party, and those trolls took us down one by one? And it all went to s*it, and we were all disabled!" Dustin waves his arms around for emphasis. "So we stick together, no matter what!"

I nod my head.

"Yeah, I agree, but this is the party, right here, in this room." (Will in the Upside Down be like: 👁️👄👁️ Am I a joke to you all???)

"El's one of us now." Mike stays calm.

"Uh, no, not, not even close! Never will be!" Lucas starts ticking things off with his fingers. "She's a liar, a traitor,-"

"She was just trying to keep us safe! She didn't mean to hurt you, it was an accident!" Mike says, defending El.

"An accident?" Lucas repeats in disbelief.

"Alright, accident or not, admit it, it was a little awesome." Dustin says.

"Awesome?!" Lucas throws his hands up.

"Yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!"

"I could have been killed!"

"Which is exactly why we need her! She's a weapon! Same as Y/n." I cock an eyebrow at that. "No offense, but you can be quite dangerous." Mike says, turning back to Lucas. "Do you seriously want to fight the Demogorgon with your wrist rocket? That's like R2-D2 going to fight Darth Vader. We're no use to Will if we're dead."

"If you three want to waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead. Cuz I'm not spending my time on her any more. No way! I'm going to the gate. I'm gonna find Will." Lucas says, pushing past Mike and Dustin.

Third Person POV, El again.

El is walking down the street, and she stops in front of the local grocery store. She goes in, and looks around in wonder.

"Are you lost?" One of the store workers takes a few steps towards El. "Is your mom here? Dad?"

El stares at him for a second, and right before she turns away, she says one thing. "Mouth breather." And then she walks down the frozen foods aisle.

She opens one of the freezers and grabs an armload of Eggos. She walks away with her waffles.

"Excuse me! Young lady, you have to pay for those!" The mouth breather from before starts chasing her, but El uses her telekinesis to shove a cart in front of him. She keeps walking out the door, and as the man chases her, she shuts the door with her mind, shattering the glass.

Still Third Person POV, Lucas's house

Lucas starts throwing random stuff into a bag, and he finishes up by tying a camo bandana around his forehead.

He heads outside and grabs his bike, then he starts walking.

He waves to a man getting out of a Hawkins Power company van and then hops on his bike and rides away.

Y/n POV

Us three are now riding our bikes down the road.

"This is weird without Lucas." I state.

Mike glances at me. "He should've shook my hand."

"He's just jealous." Dustin says.

I chime in. "I can confirm that with utmost sincerity."

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Sometimes your total obliviousness just blows my mind." Dustin shakes his head.

"Welcome to my world." I mutter.

"He's your best friend, right?" Dustin says.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't know."

"It's fine, we get it." I tell Mike.

"Y/n and Will have always been close, and I didn't get here till the fourth grade, along with Y/n. And he had the advantage of living next door, but none of that matters. What matters is that he is your best friend. And then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement, and all you ever want to do is pay attention to her."

"That's not true." Mike exclaims.

"Oh don't even bother lying, Micheal Wheeler. I am a walking lie-detector, I can sense your false truths. Now shut up and listen to Dustin." I say.

"Thank you Y/n. Now you know it, and he knows it, but no one ever says anything, and you both start punching and yelling at each other like goblins with intelligence scores of zero. Now everything is weird."

"Couldn't have put it better myself." I think out loud.

"He's not my best friend."

Dustin snickers. "Yeah, right."

"I mean, he is, but so are you, and so is Y/n, and so is Will."

"Can't have more than one best friend."

"Says who?"

"Says logic."

"Well go bull on your logic. Cuz your my best friend too."

"Okay."

"Awwwww bromance! Now, will one of you please tell me why that was so entertaining to watch?" I say, earning extremely weird glances from both of the boys.

And this chapter is gonna stop here. Random FYI, I wrote this chapter right after I wrote the other one, so this has been sitting here for about a week. I'm just special if you can't tell. Have a good week guys, and, random question, has anyone watched The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on Disney+? I'm a Marvel nerd too, so there might be slight references from that in here. But anyways, later ya Flayed Demodogs,
K