The Monster Part One

Third Person POV, Nancy and Jonathan in the woods

"Nancy! Nancy, where are you!?" Jonathan shouts walking around uneasily in the woods.

"Jonathan!" Nancy screams, running from that.....creature. "Jonathan, I'm here!" Her voice echoes back to her as she continues to search for a way out.

"Jonathan, I'm right here!"

"Nancy, in right here!"

Nancy walks past another tree, and looks to her left. There is the monster from earlier, the one that was eating the deer.

Jonathan hears Nancy's scream, and rushes in the direction he thinks it came from. He comes to a stop in front of a tree with a hole in it at the base of the trunk, covered in grayish bluish orangish kinda gunk.

Nancy spins around behind a tree, and closes her eyes, hoping that the monster won't find her. She has a life to live, she has a boyfriend, she has a family to care for.

Jonathan drops his and Nancy's bags, and crouches down to look at the gunk.

Nancy's lip trembles as the monster walks past the tree she is hiding behind.

Jonathan leans towards the gunk, shining his flashlight inside.

"Nancy?" Jonathan says into the tree.

Nancy's head swivels towards the tree where Jonathan's voice is coming from. The monster screeches behind her.

Jonathan leans closer towards the hole, when all of a sudden a hand shoots out.

"Jonathan!" Nancy cries, trying to fight her way out of the goo.

Jonathan grabs her hand and pulls her through and then holds her as she starts crying.

Still Third Person POV, The Wheeler household

Steve climbs up onto the roof, looking through Nancy's window to see her and Jonathan, sitting on her bed. Jonathan outs a sweater around her shoulders as Steve looks on, confused, angry, and hurt.

Nancy walked into the shower, and as she allows the warm water to soak into her body, all the memories of what happened tonight in the woods come flooding back.

Nancy walks back into her room, quietly shutting the door.

Jonathan is on the floor, spreading one of Nancy's floral comforters out. "Better?" He asks her.

"Yeah." Nancy answers quietly.

"Is this okay? I can go home...?" Jonathan says, getting up.

"Yeah, no, I....I don't wanna be alone." Nancy replies. "Do you?"

"No. No."

Nancy nods, and walks over to her bed. She pulls the blanket down and climbs in, as Jonathan does the same on the floor.

Nancy lays there for a second, and then she turns her head.

"Can you just come up here?" She finally says.

"Yeah." Jonathan says, almost inaudibly.

He gets out of his makeshift pallet and slides into the bed.

"You want the lights off or on?" Jonathan whispers.

Nancy just sits there.

"It can't get us in here."

"We don't know that."

Jonathan turns to his side, so he's facing Nancy.

The next morning, still Third Person POV, Wheeler house still, the basement.