The Flea and The Acrobat Part Two

Get ready for the "theoretically" showdown later in this chapter😂✌️

Y/n POV

"And there we go." My mom says as she finishes styling my hair. "Anything else, sweetie?"

"No thanks mom, I'm good." I give her a small smile.

Btw this is your dress and hair, sorry if you don't like it.

Time skip to funeral brought to you by The Demogorgon dancing

I stand by Mike, Lucas, and Dustin, staring at the coffin with Will's 'body' inside it. I'm not even listening to what the pastor is saying, but it's a load of s*it anyways.

I feel Dustin nudge my left arm. "Wait until we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral!"

"She's probably faking it, just like all those people at school when we had that memorial for Will." I roll my eyes, glaring at the boys' stares. "What?"

"Awwwww, is somebody jealous?" Mike sang quietly.

"What?! No! I'm not jealous, I'm just pointing out the facts. Now shut up!" I say, turning pink slightly.

Dustin is about to say something, but Karen shushes him.

Time skip to after the funeral, brought to you by Joyce attacking a f*cking wall.

"Hey, hold on a second." I say, and then run off to the bathroom. I wet a paper towel and dab it around my eyes, making it look like I've been crying.

"Whoa, are you ok, Y/n?" Lucas asks me.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine, just trying to sell the lie, because I'm smart, unlike you idiots." I grin cheekily at them.

"Yeah, she's fine." Mike says, before looking around. "There he is!" We all walk over to Mr. Clark, me making sad faces. "Mr. Clark."

"Hey there. How you guys holding up?" Mr. Clark asks us, using a soft voice.

"We're in mourning." I say, wiping my damp eyes with a tissue.

"Man, these aren't real Nilla Wafers!" Dustin says, stuffing his mouth with food.

F*cking dumba*s. I think to myself.

"We were wondering if you have time to talk?" Mike draws Mr. Clark's attention away from Dustin.

"We have some questions." Lucas butts in.

"A lot of questions." Mike takes over again.

*****************************************

"So, you know how in Cosmos, Carl Saygens (I think that's how you spell it) talks about other dimensions? Like, beyond our world?" Mike starts off.

"Yeah, sure, theoretically." Clark nods his head.

"Right, theoretically." Mike agrees.

"So, theoretically, how do we travel there?" Lucas asks.

Way to blow our cover, Lucas. I think, picking at the food one my plate.

"You kids have been thinking about Hugh Everett's 'Many Worlds Interpretation', haven't you?" Mr. Clark says smugly. "So, basically, there are parallel universes. Just like our world, just with infinite variations of it. Which means that there's a world out there where none of this tragic stuff ever happened."

"Yeah, that's not what we're talking about." Lucas shakes his head.

"We were thinking more of an evil dimension, like the Vale of Shadows. You know the Vale of Shadows?" Dustin questions.

Clark nods. "An echo of material plane, where necrotic and shadow magic-" he recites.

"Yeah, exactly." Mike cuts him off. "Now, if a place like the Vale of Shadows existed, how would we travel there?"

"Theoretically." I bump into the conversation.

"Well....." Clark grabs a paper plate and a pen. "Picture an acrobat, standing on a tightrope. The tightrope is our dimension. Now, the dimension has rules. You can move forwards, or backwards. But, what if, right next to our acrobat, there was a flea. Now, the flea can also move back and forth, right?"

"Right." Mike nods enthusiastically.

"Well, here's where things get really interesting. The flea can also travel this way, along the side of the rope. He can even go underneath the rope." Clark continues.

"Upside Down." We all breathe.

"Exactly." Clark leans back slightly in his chair.

"But we're not the flea, we're the acrobat." Mike states the obvious.

"In this metaphor, yes, we are the acrobat." Clark confirms.

"So we can't go Upside Down?" Lucas asks.

No s*it, Sherlock. I mentally roll my eyes.

"No." Clark says.

"Well, is there any way for the acrobat to get to the Upside Down?" Dustin continues grilling Mr. Clark.

"Well, you have to create a massive amount of energy, more than humans are currently capable of creating, mind you, to open up some kind of year in time and space, and then," Clark folds the paper plate in half and stabs it with the pen. We all jump. "You create a doorway."

"Like a gate?" I pipe up.

"Sure, like a gate." Clark softens slightly, seeing my 'tear-stained' face. "But again, this is all-"

"Theoretical." Lucas says.

"But, what if this gate already existed?" Mike keeps going.

"Well, if it did, I think we'd know. It would disrupt gravity, magnetic fields, our environment, heck, it might even swallow us up whole. Science is neat, but I'm afraid it's not very forgiving."

K, imma leave it here for now, because I am lazy and idk why, but I just kinda wanna draw this chapter out a bit. Don't ask why, because I have no idea. Until next week, later ya Flayed Demodogs.
K😙✌️