The Vanishing of Will Byers Part Two

Will's POV

As Y/n turns into her driveway, I pedal back to my house. I smile as I picture her sitting outside on a bench at recess with her nose in a book.

I close my eyes for a moment and just let the wind blow through my hair. When I open my eyes, there is a figure standing in the middle of the road. I swerve to avoid hitting the person.

But, it didn't look completely human. It looked grayish pale, with really long arms and a high for head with no hair. I hear a twig snap behind me and run without looking back.

I run all the way too my house. Once I'm inside, I lock the door behind me.

"Mom? Jonathan?" I ask as I walk through the house. Looks like nobody's home. I hear something out front and run out the back door.

I rush into the shed and grab the shotgun on the wall. I start hurriedly loading it and shakily pointing it at the door.  I hear something behind me, so I fearfully turn around.

The lightbulb grows brighter and brighter and brighter still, then it just...goes out.

Y/n POV

The next day I wake up and get dressed in some black capri leggings and my f/c (favorite color) shirt. Just a simple little outfit, with a simple ponytail. (If you'd rather have short hair, then this doesn't apply.) I walk downstairs and take a seat at the table. My mom places a plate of pancakes and eggs in front of me.

"Morning sweetie. Hope you're hungry." She says

"Good morning mom. And I'm STARVING." I tell her smiling brightly.

She smiles back and I begin shoveling food into my mouth.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm dashing out the door and jumping on my bike so I'm not late.

I start pedaling as hard as possible. Lucas, Mike, and Dustin were just about to leave our usual meeting space when I pulled up right behind them.

"Y/n! We were about to go. Why are you late?" Questions Dustin.

"Sorry sorry sorry. Mom made a lot of food and I was really hungry, so I had to eat. Gosh, can't a girl eat?" I say and start to pedal away. "Now let's go, or we are gonna be late."

We all pedal away and as fast as possible to the school.

"Hey, has anyone seen Will? He should be waiting for us here." Mike asks everybody, looking around in confusion.

"I don't know, maybe he's in class already." Says Dustin.

We all walk to Mr. Clark's science class, looking around hopefully for Will. We were disappointed when we saw nothing.

"Alright kids, let's sit down so we can begin." Mr. Clark says from behind us.

We make our way to our desks and sir down. Mr. Clark begins class, but all I can think about is Will. Where he is, if he's ok, is he's sick or hurt or something.

Hopper's POV

I roll outta bed and grab a beer to make my way to the station.

As soon as I walk in, Flo comes up to me.

"Chief, Joyce Byers has called seven times this morning. Chief? Chief?"

"Flo, mornings are for coffee and contemplation." I tell her.

"But-"

"Coffee and contemplation." I interrupt her. I'll call Joyce back and see what she wants in a little while.