Warmness Beats Friends

Calypso lay on her bunk shivering. Having mortal friends was hard. They were camping during the winter. Who knows why. Leo had let her go because she had never been camping before. Her teeth chattered. "Hey, Calypso, wanna go on a walk?" One of the girls was super athletic. "S-sure." She warped herself up in four coats and stood up. "Ready?" Calypso nodded and left the cabin.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Snow glittered on the ground as pine trees limed over the trail. Calypso's lips were turning blue and both legs were completely numb. The other girl was jogging ahead. "You okay Calypso? We can go back now." Before she could respond, Calypso collapsed.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Calypso fluttered her eyes open. Leo sat beside her bed, asleep on a desk. Her teeth started chattering again. Leo woke up and sat up. "Hey, Calypso, you okay?" His worried face told her he was really scared for her. She nodded, although she was shivering furiously. Leo stood up and sat beside her in the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, warming her up almost suddenly. "No more camping. Or hanging out with those "friends". Okay?" He made air quotes for friends. "What did they do when I fell?" She asked. "They called me and basically left you in the cold air. Like on the trail and everything." Her friends did that? "We are so moving back to Texas, where there's no snow." He kissed her head. Calypso just lay back and got comfortable.