Chapter 31

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LOVE

Chapter 31
|The endless wait|

Leanna Russell

My eyes open and the silence is the first thing I'm met with. But, it is not the silence that is around me, rather the one that is inside me. It is so silent that I can't hear anything other than my own thoughts. This strange thing I have never known, and it makes me wonder what is happening. Looking around me, I notice that I'm in our bedroom. Silas isn't here with me, and it makes me miss him, but not as much as the sounds that should be in my head.

I know inside me that there should be voices and I miss them, I miss having them around me to guide me and protect me from all harm as I know they can do perfectly. Sitting up on the bed I find that I feel fine other than I'm missing them. It is like one half of me has been ripped away from me. It's gone. I stand up from the bed and walk out of the room. Having only one mission now. I remember everything that happened. I need to see how my best friend is doing and if she's alive.

There is no one in the hallways as I walk them, making me feel even more alone than I already feel. It makes me fe3el like everyone in the world is gone, and it's only me left. I go towards the hospital room that Silas weirdly has in his house, though I'm not going to question that much. I open the door and this sense of relief goes through me when I see Trina lying there. Beeping sounds all around her and some tube is in her mouth. But, I see her breathing, that is all that matters to me.

She's alive. Tears spring to my eyes when I walk towards her and sit on the bed and take her hand. It's cold but she's alive. I sit there and watch her for some time now. Wondering when she will wake up again. Her skin is so pale, and she truly doesn't look that good. I just hope that she's not leaving me. She is my best friend and I can't lose her too. I won't lose her as well, I won't be able to handle it. I refuse to allow that to happen to her, she does not deserve this.

I don't know for how long I've been sitting here when the door opens. Looking behind me, I notice Silas standing there and looking at me with this sorrowful look. "Leanna" He says. My heart just melts hearing my name come out of his mouth, makes me want to kiss his lips. But, now is neither the time nor place for such things. "Will she be all right?" I ask him. He walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. For comfort, I think. "Yes, in time she will be" Silas says, and I nod.

It breaks my heart to see her like this, and if I could switch places with her, I would do so in a heartbeat. Trina has been through so much pain in her life that she does not deserve any of this, but I know I deserve it. I've done so many bad things in my life that I should be paying for them my entire life, I should be in jail. I'm not. "You should be resting, it's late" He says to me. Shaking my head I turn to look at Trina once again. "No, I've rested enough. I need to be with her" I tell him. Silas nods.

Understanding that I need to be with her, she's my best friend. If I can bring her some comfort while she's in that pain then I will. Trina needs to know that she's now alone, I'm here with her, and I'm not leaving her any time soon. I will b here when she wakes up, and I will be here when she is healing and getting back on her feet. She was by my side when I needed her the most, now it is my time to be by her side.

The hours pass and it feels horrible. The wait is horrible. I drink the tea that Silas brought me before as I sit on a chair beside Trina's bed. Listening endlessly to the beeping sounds of her heart beating, the sound makes me go insane and yet at the same time I'm grateful for the sound because it is the sound of her living. She's alive, and she is going to be all right. If only she could wake up from her coma. The doctor said that her brain responses, and it is only a matter of time before she wakes up.