She concluded, too nervous to ask him to stay with her. She didn't want to embarrass herself like she did yesterday. 

He probably hated sleeping next to me on the couch. I don't want to trouble him even more: she said to herself, overthinking the whole situation.   

If she has another nightmare, she decided to just suck it up and deal with it like a big girl.

Alone. 

In the middle of the night:

Dior began to toss and turn under the covers, her mind invaded by her past traumas. Sweat trickling down the side of her face, covering her forehead. Distress was evident on her face, but she couldn't escape her nightmare. 

She was trapped in her own mind. 

From the living room, Lucifer could hear the sound of her mutters and whimpers, and he instantly knew she was having a nightmare. This wasn't the first time. 

He felt so stupid. 

He knows that she gets scared at night, but he chose to leave her alone. 

She even hinted that she didn't want to be alone, yet he ignored her signals. 

He cursed at himself for constantly making bad decisions around her. 

He got up from his uncomfortable position and into his bedroom. The door was closed, and once he opened it, he began to panic. 

She was shaking vigorously, saliva running down her mouth.

It was a sorrowful sight. 

He sat beside her and held her down by the waist to stop her from tossing around the duvet. He pushed the blanket off her and hushed her quiet whimpers, using a tissue to wipe away her sweat and saliva. 

"Delilah, wake up for me."

He whispered, shaking her tiny figure gently. 

She shot up as soon as she heard his voice, slightly startling the brooding man. 

"I'm s-sorry!" she cried out, pushing herself away from him. 

"Don't apologise."

"Sor- okay," she stuttered, her chest going up and down quickly as she panted. 

"Another nightmare?"

He asked, although he knew the answer, he wanted a response from her. 

She nodded, a look of shame on her face. 

"Lay down."

She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Huh?"

"I said lay down, Dior."

She did as he said, scared that he would become frustrated with her. 

After she rested her head against the pillow, she was shocked to see him do the same as her, laying behind her so her back was pressed up to his chest. 

"Go to sleep, Delilah."

"O-Okay, night-night Lucifer."

She closed her eyes, her heartbeat now normal and her breathing as steady as ever. 

It didn't take her long to fall into a peaceful slumber, and so did he. 

They never spent a night apart after that.