I gripped his hands before he could reach for the drink.

"I don't need anything, thank you."

"Not even water, or a glass of chilled coke? I could mix both if you want, you know, to dilute the sugar? Or I could just get you—"

"Guy, I said I'm okay, now leave me alone."

"But—" He moved to talk, but I waved him off.

"But nothing. Just mind your business and do what you were asked to do!"

He grumbled something and I turned to him, glaring at him.

"What did you just say?"

"I said nothing. Teens of today, they're something else."

I saw Emma and her group of twats coming closer to me and I stilled. They had no idea I was going to make it to the party, I didn't tell them. And seeing them now just makes me realize how much energy I might need.

"What did you say your name is again? Uh, Justin?" The young guy frowned at me.

"It's Justice. But I don't remember telling you my name so how—"

"I didn't ask either, just get me water," He moved to talk again but I shushed him off, resting my hands on the countertop. "Make it quick, I don't have all day."

"Is this your first time here?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"No, it isn't, I just guessed." He handed me my water and I quickly took a gulp, almost moaning at how good it felt on my tongue. "But be careful, there are bad people around."

Just as I was about to talk, Emma and her friends reached my side. They looked down at my outfit, then to my eyes.

"Ruth, you made it!" Mirabel, the head of their group screeched unenthusiastically. I flashed her a smile, jumping down from my stool.

"Yeah I did. I was just about looking for you guys, maybe show me around? You know it's my first time—"

"First time here, we know. Just get someone to do that with you, it's not our job to babysit you," They giggled. What was so funny in what she said? "We wish you good luck." Then they walked away, leaving me staring at them disappearing into the crowd. Just what kind of friends are they?

Justice cleared his throat loudly behind me and I sneered at him.

"Woah, easy there tiger." My hands fidgeted with my little spaghetti strap top and I sighed. "I'm sorry about that. Maybe I could, you know?... Do you need me to—"

"No, it's okay, I'll just go look around, I'll be back soon."

"Sure, just be careful."

I walked off and climbed up the stairs, wandering down the east part of the corridor. Everywhere was buzzy, but the second floor managed to have peace and quiet, just a perfect place to think. I settled on the small steep of stairs leading down to the pool area, staring into nothing.

I heard someone approach me. I didn't turn around, perhaps the person was just going about his own business. I shrugged the presence off. A rough hand jerked me back.

"Baby girl, what're you doing here?" The guys breathe was horrible, and it smelled like rotten fish and stale milk. I leaned a bit away from him.

"It's okay, I was just leaving." I rushed past him, but his strong hands gripped me back towards him. For sure, that would leave a ugly bruise.

"Not so fast darling, you go nowhere. How about we have a little fun?" He ran his tongue along the curve of my neck and I pushed him forcefully back. I cleaned his saliva from my neck, so gross.

"No, thank you, I'll pass."

"Listen to me, you stay right here," He looked past me towards the stairs. I looked past him and my eyes widened. A group of guys were standing around, staring at us, a grim look on their face, as if waiting for a command. "Guys! Want to have a little fun?"

A smile broke out on  their faces. They advanced towards me and I became pale. My heart beat stopped and everything became still around me. No, I refuse to end up like this.

"What're you doing? Stop, don't come near me." Tears, hot tears streamed down my face as I tried to force my way through. But they surrounded me whole, and everything just seemed impossible.

Please.

"Don't worry baby, it's not gonna hurt." The guy with the bad breathe pushed me over, my head heavily banging against the hard floor.

"Please..."

Everything became blurry, probably because of the impact of my fall. The only thing I could hear was tearing of clothes, and their loud grungy moans. It made me feel disgusted and uncomfortable in my own body. I was a step away from dying during the dirty hours, and after they had left.

That night, strangers stole away one of my most prized possessions. I didn't have anyone to talk to, no friends, nothing. I was caged in fear, and it enslaved me.

But then I learnt something, sweet freedom isn't as fabulous as I had thought it would.