Chapter 16 The Dead and loved

1666 words

Clementine had a faint ringing in her ears as she laid on the uncomfortable, wet snow outside of the boat. She looked up to see all-out warfare, this new faction came in with multiple caravans. Gunshots and yelling flooded her ears as she tried to find any survivors. through the smoke, a walker appeared but it was killed by an unknown figure. Louis came from the smoke with Chairles in his hand, lending her a hand. "We need to find the others," Louis stated. Clementine nodded in agreement. they saw Kenny, but he was in a fight. they tried to rush over to him, but shrapnel and random gunshots blocked their path. They saw Aj was on the ground next to Kenny and Lilly. The two were in a duel in the freezing snow, it reminded her of when he Killed Jane.

"You're fucking dead, Lilly!" The man shouted as he rammed her into a wall. Lilly grunted as she kicked him in the knee. Kenny fell to the ground and Lilly was quick to be on top of him. Kenny threw the woman from him and stood up, getting in a combat stance. Lilly did the same. Lilly rushed him but he countered with a right hook. Lilly drew her knife from her hip holster and attempted to stab him. Kenny stopped it by grabbing the blade that caused blood to ooze from his hand but his adrenaline didn't let him notice it. The knife slipped from his grip and dug into his gut. "Kenny!" Clem yelled, eyes widening as her father figure bleeds. Kenny was stopped in his tracks, falling to the ground. Lilly panted then smiled, ready to finish him off.

The man clutched his wound as the oh-so-familiar crimson fluid came from the stab wound. Kenny noticed her pistol to his left. He decided to go for one last horah, he used all of his remaining energy to dive to the side and grab the pistol, he aimed it at Lilly's head and pulled the trigger. Pieces of skull and grey matter came flying from the back of Lilly's head. She dropped dead. He puts down his weapon and leans up against a tree, sitting in the blood-covered snow.

when they started to rush toward the man, Clementine and Louis got separated in the smoke. Aj was up kneeling at the man's feet. When she got there Kenny chuckled. "You never think that you're gonna be the one to die." Clementine frowned at Kenny now she was kneeling, next to Aj. "We can get you out of this, Kenny," Clem said. "No, no you aren't I don't see Aj or you draggin' me out of this." Kenny decided. "Goddamit Kenny you can't give up like this." She tried to convince the man. "I've been stabbed, were In the middle of a warzone and I'm too tired and hurt to move, I think this is it."

Clementine frowned at the reality that she wasn't getting the happy ending here. "Clem, I'm scared, I've wanted this for so long now but I've been too stubborn to end it myself but it is really happening." The man started to tear up. "Goofball, I want you to keep this thing for as long as you can." He said, referring to the old hat Aj was wearing. "And I want to say Clem that I think you and Louis are good together, I'm happy for you." now all three of them started to tear up. "I'll miss you, Kenny." Clementine adds, grabbing the pistol from Kenny's side. "hold on, I want to do it, I don't want you to see me, dead you know? I know you have seen worse but please?"

Clementine was hesitant but she obliged, handing him the weapon. "I love you Goofball." He smiled at the young boy. "and I love you sweet pea." he referenced Lee's nickname he gave Clementine. tears started rolling off of her cheeks and splashing into the white covered ground. "I love you too Kenny." They all hugged each other in a tight embrace not wanting to let go Clementine and Aj ran off, hearing one particular gunshot among the rest, hurting the most.

They were able to meet up with most of the others, Louis, violet, and the rest of the Ericson gang. Marlon and Tenn weren't there. "What do we do now!" Louis shouted over the noise. "We pile into the fucking carts and get the hell out of here!" Mitch yells back. Louis pecked Clem on the cheek, "let's go." he said. With no other explanation needed they attempt to do as Mitch told. The caravans saw the kids piling up. "Fuck the delta!" A man screeched, firing randomly at the Ericsons kids. That caused Clementine, Aj, and Violet to be left behind in the rush to getaway.

over the chaos of the two factions in an all-out battle, they saw Minnie fighting off walkers with a pistol and a fire axe. Clementine had to hold Violet back from rushing back to her. "I need to see her!" Violed snapped at the ebony-haired teen. "Goddammit, that's not the same Minnie you knew!" Minne got surprised by a walker, it sunk its teeth into her forearm. then another one came from behind her taking a chunk from her cheek, blood was flowing from the girl as she put a bullet into the walker's skull. The redhead saw Clementine. "Clementine!" She boomed, aiming her pistol at the girl. Clementine practically threw Violet to the ground and dove down to avoid incoming gunfire.

Clem saw Molly rushing into the woods and made a mad dash. Violet was being practically dragged by her wrist. The groaning of the dead was mostly replaced with the shouts of the living as Clementine rushed with Violet and Aj. when they reached the woods they were able to breathe getting out of the tense combat. The gunshots and yelling were drowned out by Clementine's own thoughts. If I was faster I could've saved him, that was my fault, I fucked up. The teen thought. Their walk was silent, Violet giving Clementine death glares every now and then. Aside from their footsteps and distant gunfire echoing in the distance, the forest was quiet until They heard a demanding voice coming front in front of them. Violet and Aj, duck behind a somewhat thick tree as Clem hides behind a large stone

"Yeah, the delta is definitely fucked." one boy smiled at a man. "Well, you can't be too sure." A woman interrupts. one man wore a beanie and wore a matching uniform with the other man. the other man had a small beard and a metallic baseball bat on his back. The woman was Molly. "I'm getting some pudding." the boy says, walking into a caravan. "What is it with you and your pudding?" Molly raised a brow. The question was ignored by both the man and the boy. The man saw movement by a tree and grabbed his bat. the problem was that the tree was the tree that Violet and Aj were behind. "Shit Clem mouthed. she took a risk and stood up, drawing her bow. "Hey! don't you touch Aj!" She shouted the man turned around with his weapon drawn. His weapon lowered soon after.

"Oh my god, Clem is that you?" The man's eyes widened. A smile threatened to tug at his lips. Clementine had a similar reaction. "Javi? Holy shit." They embraced each other. The boy practically busted the door down after hearing the word Clementine, pudding in hand. "Gabe!" Gabe decided to join the hug. Molly was pleasantly surprised that Clem knows her people. "Well, this is a nice reunion." Molly smiles. "Clem, where that grandpa? she used the same nickname for Kenny after there, long eight years. "He uh didn't make it... He killed Lilly though." Clem said, trying to find a bright side. "Oh," Molly breathed. Aj and Violet stood up from concealment. "Hey," Violet greets. "Clem, I'm assuming that you know them," Javi said, hand on his hip. Clementine confirmed the fact with a nod.

They were able to talk for a couple of minutes when a bullet whipped past Gabe's ear. Instant, frantic cursing came from all mouths as they rased to find cover behind anything they could find. "Get in the caravan!" Javi shouts among the gunshots that some surviving Delta members fired. all of them were able to escape unscathed, as Molly drove. "That was close." Gabe huffs. "Agreed." Javi smiled. "So how's Kate doing?" Clem says out of the blue. Javi smiles before talking. "Pregnant." He simply answered. "Clem's eyes widened. "Really, what're you naming it?" Clem asked, curiosity taking over. "If it's a girl, Marianna if it's a boy, Tripp." Clem smiled at the two familiar names, both winded up dead. "We need to get our place, Javi. And we can't really get there in a car so we need to get out if we're going home." Clem explained. "Leaving us already?" Javi teased. "Well if you want you can come by every now and again." Clem offered. "Sounds like a plan, where is it?" Javi asked. "It's hard to miss, it a big school with a bunch of trees around it most of them have orange ties around them, telling you that traps are nearby, so be careful of those."

Molly stopped the vehicle and let the three out, saying their goodbyes. "Now we need to get to the school," Clem muttered. Kenny was still in the back of her mind, like a curse, someone she spent so much time with someone who went through so much shit with, killed by Lilly in an instant. They walked for what felt like an hour when Clementine heard rustling in the bushes. She pulled out her knife and getting in a combat position. When the person emerged, they saw a dark boy wearing a damaged trench coat and had messy dreads. "Louis!"

Hey guys! so... I'm sorry for what happened with Kenny that hurt me to write as you can probably tell by my whole profile that I love Kenny and I did that to him I hate myself now. but on the upside, The Garcias are a thing now...