Chapter 4 bonding

1038 words

"Well what should he do with him?" Louis called out in a sad and disappointed sort of tone. "You can stay but you aren't calling the shots." Clementine said emphasizing the word but. "But you should just kick me-" marlon was interrupted by Clementine snapping at him "No, you need to stay here those people that took Minne and Sophie are coming after us and we need to be ready for them." There was some inaudible cursing and panicking but for the most part people were on board with that.

"Well we won't be ourselves on an empty stomach we should plan in the morning after Clem and Louis get back from hunting tomorrow." Omar commented while Jamie grabbed a couple bowls of the fish stew, Kenny decided to help out too and the couple placed down all of the bowls on the two tables. After dinner Louis was too tired from actually doing his work and hunting that he didnt even suggest a game of cards to which Christa was kind of disappointed, on the other hand Kenny was relieved. he know he was maybe too protective of Clementine but he couldn't help it, she was like the a daughter to him when Louis asked that question in the card game he was furious, he just didnt want to start yelling at him in front of everyone. he did want to rip his head off though.

In the morning she was at awoken with a calm nudge on her shoulder. Clementine looked around through her not yet fully awake eyes to see Christa waking her "hey Clem, you slept in. you and Louis are going hunting...alone Kenny doesn't love the idea but what can you do"
"What about Aasim?" Clem asked through her still tired golden eyes. "oh yeah he's caught a stomach bug he'll be fine."

Clementine swung her legs to the side of the bed rubbing her eyes and reaching for her old dirty hat and inspected it she looked at the now faded blood stain that at the right of D on her hat remembering what it was from, Lee. she shook her head from her thoughts and placed her infamous hat comfortably on her head while walking out the door with Christa.

Christa went of to lookout duty with Kenny. And that left Clementine at the front door of the school she inspected the courtyard for the dread head and layed her eyes on him waiting for her at the gate, he gave her a friendly wave with his signature weapon of choice resting on his right shoulder as his trench coat flew in the harsh wind. She caught up with him and the gate opened "good luck you two!" Christa gave a cheer from the watch tower.

Louis and Clem walked side by side for a couple minutes there was a silence. Louis tried to engage in conversation "so can I try out your hat?" He asked while giving her a goofy smile. She glared at him "you know what you can." He began to reach for her hat but was stopped by her hand. "With one condition, I have to try out chairles." She said with a smug expression glued to her face. Louis slowly brought back his hand and thought about it. "fine." he pretended to be angry at the deal. He reached for the hat, took it from her head and placed it on his head. He took a look at Clementine without her hat he stuck his gaze to her curls he had never seen her without her hat "uh earth to Louis... are you there?" He still was staring "Louis.. LOUIS!" That snapped him out of his stare he wore a deep blush on his cheeks that Clementine noticed but ignored.
"Well?" Clementine said reaching her hand out for Louis's makeshift bat. He took the weapon From its resting place on his shoulder and faced the handle to her. "Thanks, Lou." "No problem." They made it to the hunting grounds and heard the familiar groan of a flesh craving Walker. "Well it looks like you got a chance to use my darling chairles." He said as he adjusted his coat with a smirk. "Whatever idiot." She joked Louis put his hand over his heart dramatically "I'm offended, I got straight A's back when I was not fighting for my own survival I'll have you know." Clementine just respond a chuckle. The walker heard the talking and decided to go to the sound seeing clem and Louis, it groaned ferociously and moved slightly faster then a brisk walk to the duo. Once the shambling walker got close enough, Clementine struck the side of the walkers head causing it to fall down, it looked up at the girl with an arm out in an attempt to grab her but was quickly hit again causing its dark blood to squirt out of the things head. Still not completely dead it groaned helplessly as the ebony haired girl took one more swing completely caving in the walkers head.
"Damn your good, if the Olympics were still a thing I would give you a gold easy." Clementine chuckled at the compliment, returning the weapon to the dread head "thank you for letting me use Chairles." She said said with a smile.
They checked the traps to see if they caught anything and their was one rabbit. "score, usually these things dont trick the rabbits." Louis compliment her on her great skills with a bow after catching two rabbits.
As they were walking back Louis asked a question.
" how did you get your hat?" He looked at Clementine while tilting his head. Clementine lifted an eyebrow "It was my dad's.. he gave it to me before all of this started." she said not wanting to give anymore information then she had to.
Louis gave her a gaze and both of them stopped, now facing each other. Clementine was worried he was going to ask her what happend to him. "What...You know what I think I know what happened... I'm uh sorry." he said as he put his hand on her shoulder. She helt back her tears as she remembered the horrible memories.

Hey guys I didnt have much clouis stuff happening before so I wanted to give Lou some time because this is you know a clouis book, I cant give Kenny all of the screen wait page time.