Chapter 42

The next few days passed by in a blur until it was Friday. Both Cole and Liam didn't come to school for the rest of the week, per mine and Val's instructions. By that, I mean they were supposed to come back Wednesday, but we told them to still take it easy and rest. They tried to argue with us but neither of us would budge. I mean they were literally shot not even a week ago; what did they expect.

After school, Cole texted me our plans for our date, which was apparently tonight. We are actually going to this poetry slam at a coffee shop that is a near the city boundary. He remembered that I enjoyed writing and thought that this would be a good first date, not that I am complaining. However, now I have only a few hours to come up with an excuse as well as a person who can drop me off at the nearby bowling alley, where me and Cole are meeting before driving to the poetry slam.

I figured out how to get to the meet up point; I just have to make sure the person is available. Getting out my phone, I call Michael, who answers after two rings.

"Hey, little sister."

"Hey, big bro. I need your help."

He lets out a sigh before saying, "What do you need?"

"Well, I need you to pick me up around six and drive me to the bowling alley. Then I'll call you later on tonight to pick me up from there."

"Wait, I thought you were getting along with your brothers. Why do you need me to drive you?" He asked.

"Umm, because my brothers can't know what I am doing. Look, I have a date tonight and they can't find out, so I need them to think that we are hanging out."

"Woah, wait a minute. You have a date? With who?" Michaels says shocked.

"With Cole, which is exactly why they can't know. I promise I will tell them, but not now. So, will you help me?" I asked hopefully.

He thinks on it for a few moments. "Fine, but on the way back to your house after the date, I want to know everything that happened during it. And you have to text updates every thirty minutes letting me know you're okay."

"Okay, deal. Thank you so much. I promise to buy you gelato one day."

"Little sister, you are buying me gelato tomorrow. I'll be putting it in my calendar. See you later." He says.

"Okay, bye." And then I hang up the phone. To be honest, that went easier than I thought it would.

After getting done on the phone, I fished through my book bag to pull out this weekend's homework. Luckily, there wasn't too much to get done, so I finished within an hour.

Hearing my brothers footsteps coming from the staircase, I decide to got to the living room so that I could talk to them about tonight. Once I get there, I see all six brothers sitting there watching calcio (soccer). I sit down next to Enzo before turning to speak to him.

"Hey, so is it okay if I hang out with Michael tonight? It's been a while since we last hung out." I say.

Every single one of my brothers turn to look at us. "Where are you guys going?" Enzo asks.

"It's that bowling alley down Grendel street. I think it's called Frazelli Sala da Bowling."

"Yeah, that's fine. I heard it was a good spot so have fun. Just text me when you leave and get there." he says.

"Won't I see you you before I go?" I asked, confused.

Nico responds for him. "We actually have a matter to deal with so we won't be home. Also, Luca, Matteo, and Fabiano are going to a party tonight."