Chapter 8

a big sneeze jolts me awake. i'm still curled up to a heat source, my tail wrapped up in something not so warm with my ears tucked down, my head against the giant heat source i have. it's warm hand running up and down my back, "Rain? how are you feeling?" i hear a soft voice ask, my teeth chattering.

"m-m-my-y-y t-tai-il i-i-isss s-s-soo--o c-c-cold-d-d-d." i whimper. i hear a sigh.

"i don't know what more we can do, we've already got every blanket we can find and your duvet around you." July sighs. i shake my head.

"no-no-no." i chatter, shakily taking my tail and moving it so it's in between me and the amazing heat source. i let out a long breath, still shivering, but getting better, "go-go-goo-o-od-d-" i chatter.

"well, you can't glue yourself to Wrath all day and night." i slowly look up to see him looking down at me. i go to give a smile but give a sneeze.

"why do i find his sneezes adorable?!" i hear Hail coo. Wrath moves and grabs my nose. i whimper as he wipes it.

"when your better, you will be doing work." he says to me and i nod.

"it-it-it was-s h-har-rd, b-b-b-bu-ut the-the l-lady helpped m-me-e." i shake. he nods.

"that's what she's there for." he nods and i sniffle.

"a-a-apple alr-re-ready h-had-d a p-p-p-pee." i say and he smiles.

"Apple has two 'p's in it's spelling." he states and i look at him tiredly for a moment.

"oh-" i take a while to answer. he nods, "i-i-i need a pee." i say bluntly, he sighs.

"well don't pee on me." he tells me firmly. i pull myself up and move to stand up but it's so cold, i cower back to Wrath's chest.

"no-no-no. no pee, cold, cold-" i say, snuggling up to Wrath.

"Go pee." he says and i shake my head and whimper.

"no, it's too cold." i whisper.

"go on, i'll be right here." he says and i take a breath before running to the bathroom, doing my business and running streight back into Wraths chest roughly.

"Cold." i wine, shaking my whole body out and curling up to him. he sighs and sits down.

"so what are we going to do?" July asks. 

"i don't know-" Wrath hums. i hum back.

"we could try and find a perminant heat pack for him." Hail says.

"i'm gonna kill them if i find them." Wrath growls. i wine.

"No, no killing, killing's bad boy stuff." i say to him, "master will be angry and i don't want Wrath to be hurt." i hug him and they all coo.

"i think he's found his favourite." July coo's in a high pitch voice.

"i think Wrath has too." Hail mutters under his breath, noting Wrath's adoring eyes turn hard and cold in seconds.

"Shut it!" he snaps and hugs me tighter.

"why-why are you- s-so war-rm.?" i ask and he sighs.

"because i'm a demon." he says and his heat increases. i look up with a hum to see his hair that hade darker, his eyes red, his skin pitch black with blue flame like shapes across his skin, "i have a royal blue flame, i am a prince, but not an important one so i do what the fuck i want with out a fuck given." he smiles cockily and i reach my hand up.

"careful, Rain, you touch one of those flames and they'll burn you." he warns but i reach for them anyway, seeing Wrath's eyes darken. i run my hands over the burning heat and smile before hugging his head with practically my whole body.