11x13 - The Monster in the Closet

*Christine crying + scared in her bed*

Christine-"Help! Mom! Dad!"

*Booth & Brennan enter Christine's room to see her scared in her bed*

Booth-"Oh, God."

Brennan-"Christine, it's okay. Mommy and Daddy are here."

Christine yelling at her closet-"Get Away! Don't hurt me!"

Booth-"No, no, no, no, no, no one's gonna hurt you. Okay, everything's gonna be okay. You're fine. You're just having a nightmare."

Christine-"The monster, it came out of the closet."

Booth-"Oh, there's no monster in the closet. Remember when I tucked you in, you know. I came and I scared the monster away. •Growls•"

Brennan-"No, you didn't, Booth. Monsters are not real, therefore, you had nothing to scare away."

Booth-"Your mother is right, but what I meant to say is that, look, I would never let anything happen to you, okay?"

Ch-"You don't believe me. It was here."

Bre-"Im sure it felt very real to you."

Ch-"Can....can I sleep with you tonight?"

Brennan-"Of course, sweetheart."

Booth-"Come on. Anything for my little girl. Come on, jump up, jump up. Come on, you're into bed. You're in between me and mom tonight, okay. Don't snore, whatever you do."

*Screen goes black then changes to Booth entering his floor at the FBI*
*Aubrey about to talk about their new case when Booth says he needs coffee*

Aubrey-"Rough night, huh?"

Booth-"Yeah. Christine, she's been having these really bad, Freddy Krueger-like nightmares about monsters in her closet."

Aubrey-"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible."

Booth-"Uh, she... you know what? It's gonna be fine, okay? Every parent has to deal with this kind of stuff."

Aubrey-"You want my advice?"

Booth-"Your advice, right, because you're a single guy who knows how to deal with kids."

Aubrey-"No, trust me. Look, the key is that Christine's got to confront the monster head-on. She's got to get out of the bed, walk up to the closet, tell the monster to go bye-bye, or else her dad's gonna put a cap in his ass."

*Booth stops him and changes the subject to the new case*
•Somebody dumped a decomposed body in a park
*Booth tells Aubrey that somebody wanted the body to be found*
*Team examine the body + see she has vintage clothes on*

Hodgins-"So not just a murder victim, but a fashion victim as well."

Brennan-"Hodgins, that was uncalled for. I must insist you show respect to the deceased."

Angela-"Yeah, don't hold your breath. These days, he's not respectful to the living, so I'm not sure why the dead would be any different."

Hodgins-"Well, for one thing, she doesn't talk back."

Cam to H-"Enough. You hear me?"

*Hodgins slaps his lab gloves down then rolls away to look at the evidence*

Angela to Cam + Brennan-"Sorry."

Bre-"You have no reason to apologize."

C-"Do you want me to send him home?"