10x22 - The Next in the Last

⚠️⚠️⚠️MENTIONS OF PELANT⚠️⚠️⚠️

Booth and Brennan home:
*Booth looking at a bunch of files containing job offers for Brennan*
•People want her to run research facilities, university programs, etc.
*Booth has gotten a lot of job offers also that he might be interested in*

Booth-"... Right, I mean, look, I know that I... I screwed up with the gambling and everything, and I'm-I'm working hard on that and all, but these are the types of decisions that we deal with and-and talk about, you know, together as a team."

Brennan-"You were going to leave the FBI last year and move to Europe. You remember how great you felt about that?

Booth-"There's a big difference. You know, I discussed that before I did anything."

Brennan-"And we'll discuss this. I've compiled all of your job offers, too. You loved the idea of working at the NSA facility in Kansas, and there's a university there."

Booth-"This is about Angela and Hodgins moving to Paris, isn't it?"

Br-"No, Booth, this is about us. We've been through a lot. You're gambling, being in jail, shot. I.... The new baby. Don't you think we might need a change?

*Booth stares at Brennan before they get interrupted by a phone call*
             •Body is found in a park

Booth-"Hey, Bones, this is what we do."

Brennan-"I know. For now."

*Booth and Brennan arrive at the crime scene and continue their conversation*

Booth-"Look, this is important work, all right? Or don't you think so anymore?"

Brennan-"Of course I think so, but there are other important things we could do that won't get us killed."

B-"Okay, look, no one's getting killed."

Brennan-"That's what you always say before the shooting starts."

*Booth and Brennan stop talking when they reach the team + remains*
•Body is impaled on huge spike
*Victim was skinned and posed on the spiked structure*
•Booth says it must be some kind of message from the killer

Brennan-"In ancient Egypt, grave robbers were flayed, impaled, and their hands were severed."

*Brennans statement basically describes the victim so far*

Hodgins-"Well, this obelisk (the structure) is Egyptian."

B-"Look, i'm just gonna say it. Okay, last time we saw something like this..."

Brennan-"It was Pelant."

Cam-"Pelant is dead. I examined his remains. We all dead."

Brennan-"Someone as brilliant as Pelant with all the money he stole from you. He probably planned for the future."

H-"So someone took over his work? "

Booth-"Okay, look, it wasn't work, okay? Pelant is a killer, nothing more."

*Cam stops the conversation on Pelant when she finds something on/in victim*
            •Found a flower down his throat

Booth-"Flower. Exactly what Pelant used to use to send a message."