ONESHOT: It's Late

NOW YOU TELL ME YOU'RE SLEEPING AND I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S YOU

Freddie rode the train home from university. He was looking forward to seeing his dad, mum, and sister, and he was looking forward to his family meeting his new band, who were coming over to stay the night. He peered out the window as he was trying to find inspiration for a new song to present to the others, but when it didn't come, it didn't come, so he gave up, and figured he would wait till a melodic moment hit him.

When the bus stopped at a stop conveniently near the Bulsara's flat, he sprang up, excited to be home for the first time in a while. He had been living on the floor of Roger's flat, and found it nice to sometimes come home to his sweet mother love. He pulled out his key and slipped it into the lock on the front door.

"FARROKH!" Jer, Freddie's mum, exclaimed excitedly. She came over to Freddie wrapping his skinny body in a tight motherly hug.

"Hello, mum," Freddie smiled, "How was your day?"

"Good. How are your studies going?" Jer grinned.

"Fine, but I told you about the new band with Brian and Roger... and the bassist, John. They're coming over to spend the night," he said excitedly.

"Yes I love talking with Brian and Roger. And this John you speak we aren't friends yet are we?" Jer asked.

"No, but trust me, you'll love him, he's a precious," Freddie answered.

"I'm sure I will. Your father will be home at 6:30 this evening, so would you boys like to have a snack?" Jer offered.

"I will, and I think they will two, we don't eat a lot anymore," he replied.

Just then, the doorbell rung. Freddie opened up the door to find John in the hallway. He smiled, knowing how bad John wanted to meet Freddie's mum and dad.

"Come on in," Freddie smiled, giving John a hug, "Mum, come here, please!"

"eeh Hello," John giggled. 

"Oh, John, it's lovely to meet you," Mrs. Bulsara replied, giving him a hug.  

John giggled at Freddie, trying not to act shy, though he was. 

Soon enough, Brian and Roger arrived. 

"Brian! Roger!" Freddie's mum exclaimed. 

"Hey, Mrs. Bulsara," Roger screamed, over Brian's arguing. 

"I apologize, Jer, Roger's always screaming, you know him!" Brian said, in his mature, sweet voice. 

"You two, always act like a married couple: always fighting, but still loving each other," Jer laughed. 

"I DO NOT LOVE BRIAN," Roger snapped. 

"Well, I'll leave you four to have yourself a real good time," Jer said. 

~ ~ ~

"Do you want to eat biscuits and watch Breakfast With Tiffany's, darlings?" Freddie asked. 

The four of them agreed and laid down on the couch, turning on the TV.  Freddie always had the best biscuits and even though he hated sharing, he always shared them with his friends. 

"I'm so tired," Roger muttered. 

"You are?" Brian asked. 

"Yeah," Roger confirmed.

"But, you're Roger Taylor, you don't get tired," Freddie said. 

"I know, I'm just stressed about school and I'm overworking myself," Roger replied.

"What's the matter?" Brian asked.

"I just have to read this book and I'm so bad at comprehending," Roger explained. 

"Well, Brian's a great reader and a good teacher he might be able to help you," John suggested. 

"Yeah, I'm open to helping you," Brian smiled. 

"Thanks guys. Does anyone else have anything they wanna get off their chest?" Roger asked. 

"Well, uh yes darlings," Freddie said, "This really is a big thing its not like a small secret, I genuinely don't  want anyone to know."

"No problem, Fred, what is it?" Brian asked. 

"Well, I'm gay. I've known this for a little while now, but it's just a complicated thing. While I am mentally attracted to woman, like Mary for example, but I'm physically attracted to men. It's just something I don't really want or need anyone to know because  of all the stereotypes, but it's something that is probably is important for my close friends to know," Freddie explained.

"Now, this isn't really meant as a bad thing, but you know... we knew you were gay. We all know you well, Fred. It'd be kind of hard for us NOT to know," Brian said. 

"Oh, well are- are you okay with it?" Freddie asked. 

"Of course we are!" Roger replied, "We still love you just the same."

"Thank you dears," Freddie smiled, "It's late, do you wanna maybe go to sleep?" 

"Yeah, sure," Deaky replied. 

"I'm awfully tired," Roger frowned. 

"Good night, guys, I love you," Brian replied.

~ ~ ~

Hey guys!! Just wanna take this moment to say that I 100% support the LGBTQIA+ community and although I am straight, I have many friends who are not and I am very supportive. And my biggest inspiration was part of that community. I love him forever and I love all you forever!