Chapter 42: Revealed in a fight

Start from the beginning

He looked at me...with no emotions like usual...but with a frown.

"Thanks!" I say sarcastically.

He tilts his head and just continues to stare at me.

I stand up straight, make my weapon dissapear and wipe the blood off my cheek.

"Can you people stop staring at me? Especially you" I point at Luke "And you" I point at Edgar

"I'm not a ghost that suddenly appeared so don't keep looking at me."

I walk over to Felix and Leslie.

"Take Leslie away, I'm blood handed so I need to wash."

"Sure...Are you ok-"

"yeah, I'm fine." I say as I walk away and wave.

I keep walking while seeing all these nobles and soldier silently watch me walk away...don't kill me, is what I'm thinking.

I have literally no energy to fight...literally, no magic energy more magic.

Suddenly, a hand takes mine. A figure walks past me while having taken my hand and pulling me towards where I was already headed.

I tried to stop and shake the hand off but Luke just continues to pull me

"Oi!"

He doesn't reply, we're past the door and the door closes behind us.

"Luke! Are you crazy? Let me go-"

*Bang*

I'm up against the wall with Luke trapping me with arms on either side. His head is down and I can tell he's pissed.

"Well you've calmed down in the last 4 years." I say sarcastically.

He lifts his head and glares at me, I give a small smile and tilt my head.

"What? Mad? I mean, your temper sure has grown in the last 4 years, it's worse than mine, congrats." I pat his shoulder.

He punched the wall with his hands still next to me, I saw the cracks

"You know you're only hurting yourself right? I mean....are you stupid?"

"Why. Why did you keep your identity a secret."

Seriously?

"And why should I tell you my identity, and anyhow I wasn't lying."

He frowned

"In my second life my name was Sarah, so. I didn't lie, You guys just weren't smart enough to figure it out."

"Why.....didn't you say something if you were right next to me." His voice softens

"Answer me this Duke Kalikas. Why should I tell you."

"Because you belong here, and we should know."

"So you can what. Kill me?"

"..."

"Luke, years ago I told you that one of my biggest fears are death. I wasn't lying, I died twice and I don't want to go though that again. You, and the others, are like living grim reapers, I think the logical thing to do is to stay away, but of course Felix had to drag me here."

"We won't kill you-"

"Oh, then you'll lock me up for life and grieve right?"

"Josephine!" He raised his voice and his face turned scary

"WHAT?! You think you're the only one that can raise their voice? I'll tell you this. I'm desperate to live!"

"Josephine, Somethings aren't what they seem-"