Chapter 30: The future starts

A week passed and I've been sleeping in Alexs room. I don't want to go back to my room, it reminds me of what happened. The maids have assured me they changed all the beds dressing but I didn't care. It's a memory, doesn't matter about the bed sheets, it's the memory.

Alex told me that I could stay for as long as I needed, he slept on the couch while I slept on the bed. I think he's the best brother I've ever had.

For the past week, Luke visited me every day and tried to cheer me up. I don't need cheering up, I'm not traumatised. I'm still smiling, laughing, and everything, but I just don't have energy.

Edgar has also been trying to come. I don't want to see him. Alex is the one that goes and deals with him every day. I can hear Alex and Edgar screaming above each other. 

I mainly hear Alex saying 'GET THE FUCK OUT! SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE YOU!' or 'DO YOU FUCKING NOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?'.

The things I can hear Edgar saying are 'LET ME THROUGH! I NEED TO TALK TO HER!' or 'GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY ALEX!'

There's more but I can never hear clearly.

Today though....It seems he made it through. He came into the room with Alex who was glaring at Edgar from the back.

"You have 10 minutes to talk to her then get the Fuck out."

"I got it" Edgar replies

Alex comes in and stands infront of me.

"I'm sorry Jose, I tried but this was the only thing that worked." He whispered

"It's fine, I'll deal with it." I whispered back

He nods and walks out while continuously glaring at Edgar. He doesn't close the door on his way out that got.

I narrow my eyes at him as I decrease the temperature of the room by freezing the round. Of course, the ground around him isn't frozen because he can use fire.

"Listen Jose-"

"Why should I?"

"I'm really sorry, I was impulsive and it just came over me."

"Sorry? If sorry worked we wouldn't need knights and wars wouldn't happen."

"Look Jose, I love you, really, I love you too much. About last time I just couldn't control it. please, don't push me away."

 He kneeled infront of me, took my hand and my his forehead against the back of my hand.

This guy.....Is too much. but he's a royal, and if I offend him, who knows what'll happen, even if he does love me like he claims.

"Edgar, how am I supposed to know that you won't do something like that again."

"I just won't, please Jose...Trust me again" He stands up and looks me in the eyes.

I've never trusted him...He did kill me last time. But if I don't 'accept' this apology, there will be trouble.

I sighed

"Ok, but only this one time. next time, you and I are over completely."

He smiled

"Thank you Jose." he pulled me into a hug that felt warm and genuine.

Sorry Edgar...I don't forgive this easily.

Basically what I'm saying is.

I lied.

Soon before I knew it, I graduated my third year in the Academy and have finally became an offical adult.

***(Time skip 2 years)***

I'm now a 20yr old Gi- Woman. Yeah...I've reached my twenties...can't say I'm grateful? I mean...I'm still alive, which I'm super grateful for...but..yeah....I was destined to die around this year to next year...so I'm cautious.

Luke has successfully become the Duke of the Kalikases. It's amazing. He made his Father, Elder brother, and step-mother go to another estate far away. He's handling everything very well.

At first though everyone said he was too young to rule the dukedom and that he was cruel for doing that to his family. But time proved that he was worthy and everyone now respects him.

Alex is still in training, he's not rushing, still enjoying everything in life first he says.

Edgar became king last year. I know. It happened in the last life too. The king died of a heart attack and Edgar being the crown prince was promoted to the position of king. 

Now since he's the king now I've tried to talk him into annulling the engagement but it ain't working. He either smiles and says no or changes the subject.

Lance successfully became a royal knight and is now serving Edgar with loyalty and pride.

I on the other hand is stronger. I've mastered my fox transformation. I've told no one, the only person who knows is mother, she says it's best to keep a low profile for now. I'm stronger then both Alex and Lance, barley But I'm still far away from both Edgar and Luke even with my transformation.

What kind of monster training do they do?

I've been doing nothing apart form going to tea parties, gossiping like a fake doll and verbally bitch fighting with people using nice words to cut me down.

The audacity of these people.

But so far life is alright I guess. But I have a bad feeling...Like a reaaaaallllyyyyy bad feeling.

End of chapter 30

Author: Short chapter, I know, but hang on.

Comment and vote!

14th March Sunday 2021

Sign: Tiggy