Marcus's Power

Začať od začiatku

Suddenly, Marshall's eyes gleamed in anger, and the ground around him lit in a blaze of fury, fueled by the overwhelming pain in his side.

"I'm so sick and tired of your attitude! I'm so sick of your actions! Stop trying to hurt us! Stop trying to hurt me! AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALWAYS BEING THE PEACEMAKER! WHAT IF I'M UPSET, HUH?! YOU THINK I NEVER GET ANGRY?!" Chase had to jump back to avoid being burned. But Marshall's fire spread and spread until the entire hillside was burning. "Come on then, Chase! Come burn in hell with me..." Marshall taunted. Chase looked behind him and a towering wall of fire blocked his escape route. The fire kept coming closer, forcing the two pups together.

"Let me go, Marshall!" Chase shouted.

"No! I'll keep this up until you tell me! You've gone way out of control! This isn't you! Now, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way! Either way, this ends today!"

He's catching on, figuring it out. Marshall is smarter than I took him for. Sigh... Chase, you're gonna have to kill him. He can't be allowed to figure it out!

No! I won't hurt him! I won't kill my brother! Chase shouted at Jason.

Yes, you will. He's catching on, he's figuring out that this isn't you. If he spreads this suspicion to everyone else, soon, they will figure out my secret.

You are lucky Marcus believed that once we got away, you'd lose your power over me! If they didn't think that, they would already be on to you! The only reason they think this is because you are using my, meaning your, anger, to make me do erratic things! You are tricking everyone! But my brother is smart, once he figures things out, they will know not to trust me! And if they don't trust me, then you can't hurt them!

That's why we are gonna get rid of this...errr...problem...now.

Chase ran straight towards Marshall, knocking him into the fire. His pelt erupted in flames but didn't burn. His cool, blue eyes turned red and became flames of fire.

"You really thought that would work, didn't you?" Marshall asked. The heat from the fire made Chase feel like he was in an oven set on self-clean.

Marshall fended off Chase, all the while his mind scrambling to put it together. Chase started acting like this after we left. He seemed slightly resentful of Rocky even then. But what did Rocky do to him?! Chase was feeling apathetic...he had no feeling...come on Marshall! Something is missing! You know what it is! Marshall was so caught up in his thoughts that he wasn't prepared for the lightning strike Chase conjured. He was shocked into reality. He vanished into the flames and appeared behind Chase. He pushed Chase onto the ground, tears streaming from his eyes.

"What happened to you?" he cried. "When...when did you stop loving us...loving me?" Chase staggered to his paws and ran around Marshall. Chase couldn't get too close, and the flames still burned, but he could still electrocute him. Wait...I think I'm getting something...

_________________________________________________________

Marshall's mind...

"Marshall...I can't...I don't know how much longer...I can hold on..." Chase murmured.

"Don't worry, Chase. One day, we're gonna get out of here. And when we do, you'll have your mind back. I hope Rocky figures something out...quickly." Marshall said.

"It's buzzing in my brain. Every day, I feel myself losing more and more control over myself...like...I'm alive, but I'm not."

"Just....hold on for us, Chase. Don't let him win."