"What sound does it make?"

"I'm not doing it again."

"No, please." For some reason I found this very funny.

"Nah," His eyes shifted to the glass of juice. "Can I have some?"

"Sure, I'll be right back."

"You don't want to share?" He spoke so softly that it felt as if I was not suppose to hear the question.

"What?"

"You don't want to share?" He repeated the question.

"Okay." I handed him the glass and watched him drink from it.

"If you can kiss me you can also share a glass with me right."

"Dimitri–"

"I didn't say anything else. Just pointing out a fact." He handed the glass back to me. "But, it doesn't have to be this way."

I had done everything I could to avoid having this conversation during the time that had passed since we last spoke about it. But Dimitri was not giving up.

"We spoke about this, Dimitri. We need to focus on your recovery."

"How can I focus on my recovery when this is all that I can focus on."

"We can't do this." My voice lowered in sound.

"Why? Is it because of how I treated you before, I–"

"No," I sighed as I sat down next to him. "There's already so much going on." My right hand reached for his hair without my command. I stroked it back as my other hand rested on his chest.

He softly gripped into my thigh afterwhich he drew circular motions with his thumb.

"You're my comfort, you know that?" His eyes were watery, but he fought to hold back the tears.

"Hey." I took his right cheek in my hand. "We're going to get through this, okay?"

"What if I can't walk again?" He let out a sob as his eyes found the ceiling.

I did not know what to say, all I could do was hug him so that is what I did. He rested his head on my shoulder and his tears wet my shirt.

My emotions were triggered by his and soon my waterworks started as well.

He locked his arms around my frame, preventing me from backing away and I did not fight it. I stayed and held him until he had enough.

"W—"

Dimitri gently placed his lips against mine, but quickly tried to pull away until I found myself longing for more.
I went against my own words and kissed him.

Our eyes fell closed and in this moment I was not worried about anything or anyone. My lips, my tongue, they moved on his command and I did not mind. I loved it.

He broke the kiss by resting his head  against the headboard again and continued drawing circles on my thigh.

"What were you going to say?" He whispered.

I shook my head. "I don't remember." I whispered back.

He gulped. "I'm scared, baby." He whispered after a short period of silence.

I had seen him frustrated and angry, but sad and scared? That was completely new.

I took his face into my hands, wiping away his tears with my thumbs. "It's going to be alright."

He pulled my face towards his again when I said this and gave me another kiss.

"I hate orange juice."

"You do? I thought you liked it." I said, confused because I always gave him orange juice to drink.

He darted his tongue against his lips. "I like you."

I shook my head, trying to keep myself from blushing. I crawled in bed with him and pulled the blanket over myself as I placed my head on his chest.

He wrapped his left arm around my waist whilst the other arm played with my head.

"Hey!" I wiggled my hips when his hands slid down and gripped my ass.

"Comfort." He whispered as he started to softy rub me.

I found myself changing my laying position to make it easier for him to play with it when the door suddenly went flying open. We were both caught off guard and though I had tried my best to sit up, I failed to do so on time.

"Mattia?" The person standing in front of us first looked at him in shock, then their eyes found me.

I looked up at Dimitri who was completely speechless.

Shit...

                          =//=//=//=

Q: Who do you think caught them off guard? 😨