24 | 𝑆𝑙𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐾𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑠

"I laugh in the face of evil, babe." 

"I know, but still," I groaned, "what do I do?" I face-planted onto the covers, hiding my evident fear and confusion. "I mean, does this mean war?" I incoherently mumbled into the comforter before picking up my head and looking at her. She sat on the office chair in the corner, mindlessly searching through my make-up. "Vicky told me to go all in and checkmate the bitch," I relayed.

"Wow, so scary," Keiona exaggerated.

"I think," Jay began from the opposing side of my room. "You should sort out your feelings for Vislocky."

"What are you talking about?" I shot at him with furrowed eyebrows. If anything, our friendship displayed the only stable something I had in my life. 

He cocked his head and gave me the look of obviousness. "You're wearing his sweatshirt, one of the three you have."

I leapt from my position on my bed and sat criss-cross applesauce in retaliation. "How do you know I have that many?"

Keiona blankly pointed to the closet doors which hung two other black sweatshirts. "Also the fact that one has the name 'Vislocky' written on the back, it kinda gave it away," she mentioned with a half-hearted shrug.

"Whatever," I drew out. "You jinxed it!" I jabbed a finger at Jaydon. "You said that Kayla and I would get into a fight and look where that landed us." I threw myself onto the mattress in a starfish position, shaking my head to get the hair off of my face with a loud huff. "This sucks."

"Look at the bright side," Keiona positively announced. She got up from the chair and seated herself next to me, brushing the tufts of hair out of my face with a somewhat persuasive smile. The only thing I was thinking of was how pearly white her teeth were. Like those teeth could quite literally, and blindly guide Patrick Swayze back from the dead.

"And what's that?" I asked. "Better be good."

Jaydon suggested, "you have us?" He walked over and sat on the opposite side of my head.

I rolled my eyes, but Keiona assured, "this is just about some boy, so I was thinking--"

I straightened up. "Keiona, this isn't about some boy. This is Sullivan Corbett we're talking about! He's a fucking goddess and I'm not the one who's been fucking him." I stood up from the bed, pacing the length behind the headboard. "Vicky is right. Kayla went for him even when she knew I wanted him, behind my back, I might add---" 

Jaydon cleared his throat. "The same night you left with her crush." His face said it all, demonstrating the hopeful, lopsided smirk and mischievous eyes.

"Not the point!" I snapped. "I didn't sleep with him. Maybe, I should--"

"You are most certainly not," Keiona muttered, standing up from the bed. "Losing your virginity out of revenge is absurd. You have officially lost your mind if you think that's normal."

I must've lost my mind then.

She confirmed, "You're seeing Sullivan tomorrow, right?" 

"Yeah."

"Then, snuggle up closer to him and that will be the end of it. Take it one by one. Little by little," she wisley explained before getting her water bottle atop my vanity.

Victor said be bold.

"Or I have a wild idea," Jay started in an exaggerated tone, catching my attention, though I had a feeling it was sarcasm. "You could just tell the dumbass how you feel?"