Chapter Six: Forgive and Forget

Magsimula sa umpisa

Dream pushed himself up and slid across the hardwood to sit next to Sapnap. He just sat there for a few moments before he finally decided he could take Sapnap's hand in his own.

"I'm sorry about prom," Sapnap whispered, "I know you were excited and I kind of ruined it."

"You didn't ruin it," Dream drew circles into Sapnap's thigh with his pointer finger, low enough that it was innocent, "I saw you talking to that kid and I got jealous. You didn't even want to come in the first place and I shouldn't have made you."

"It's okay," Sapnap rested his head on Dream's shoulder, going silent once again, "Wait."

"What?" Dream looked down at Sapnap, "You aren't still mad, are you?"

"No, no," Sapnap shook his head, "Just, you said you were jealous. Why were you jealous?"

Dream paused to think about it. He had certainly been jealous, whether he liked it or not, but he shouldn't have admitted that to Sapnap. Sapnap was one of the cockiest people that Dream knew and there was no way for Dream to live this down now.

"I dunno," Dream tried to think of something that would explain why he was jealous of Sapnap flirting with another dude, but each reason came out seeming even more suspicious than the last. It was a lost cause. He had been caught.

"No, but you do know," Sapnap poked Dream in the chest playfully, "Why were you jealous, Dreamie?" He batted his eyelashes obnoxiously, leaving Dream without the ability to even speak.

"You were technically my date," Dream settled on, "I just wanted to spend the night with you and I thought you were leaving me."

"Aww," Sapnap stood up and held out his hand, "About that dating thing, by the way..."

Dream interrupted immediately, waving his hands in front of him, "Don't say a word. I completely get it. I forced it on you and it was a total asshole move."

Sapnap sighed and rolled his eyes, motioning to the hand that he was still holding out. Dream took it and allowed Sapnap to help him up, only for Sapnap to drag him across the house and up the stairs. Dream tried to protest, but it was useless, as Sapnap knew exactly what he was doing and wasn't willing to give up.

When Sapnap finally opened the door to his bedroom and pulled Dream in, Dream was met with an incredible sight. There was a blanket fort set up just in front of Sapnap's TV that he had spent ages trying to fix, and there were bowls of popcorn set out with endless amount of candy thrown about.

Dream walked off towards the set up in awe, thanking Sapnap repeatedly and telling him how incredibly beautiful and thoughtful the display was.

"How'd you know we'd make up?" Dream asked once he was finished praising Sapnap.

"We always do," Sapnap smiled lovingly, making his way over to where Dream stood.

He placed one hand on Dream's cheek and placed the other in Dream's hand, intertwining their fingers. Dream felt like the butterflies in his stomach had given him the ability to fly, as he no longer felt as though his feet were in contact with the carpet. He did his best to hide his emotions, instead resting his forehead on Sapnap's, which wasn't the best idea, as it only made his stomach stir even more.

There was an actual chance he wouldn't be pretending to throw up anymore.

"We do, don't we?" Dream sat in silence, unsure as to whether or not he was actually about to kiss Sapnap. There were pros, but there were certainly cons, and sadly, the cons outweighed the pros, as Dream was an insanely talented over-thinker.

Sapnap was the first to step away, instead sitting down in the blanket fort and patting the spot next to him, urging Dream to join him. Dream joined him, although a bit overwhelmed with emotions.