_4. I just need...

«─────« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »─────»

The doctor's words bolted Suna upright like he drank caffeine, not at all sleep-deprived anymore. Suna's eyes locked onto the white door that separated him and Osamu. He stood up on uneven legs, he was nervous. Anxious about the last moment that he had with Osamu. His hand hesitantly floated above the doorknob, heart racing. He has been waiting to see him for all these hours, what was stopping him this time when he could now visit Samu?

Suna decided to push away those emotions. All he had to do was to comfort his friend who sat in the medical bed unable to leave till he was healthy again. But a part of Suna wanted to solace Osamu in his own way, whatever feelings he had developed rapidly when their hands interlaced.

His hands fumbled with the metal knob as his mind fumbled with his thoughts. It swung open quietly, revealing the glowing room. The sunlight dazzled the room perfectly in orange and yellow hues. The window straight ahead allowed the patient to view the scenic forest sanctuary in its full glory. A breeze gently caressed the two bodies in the open room giving a fresh sense of serenity. The first figure felt it too, his gaze lingering on the horizon by the sea. Suna couldn't help but stare at the man before him who sat up in bed. The sunrise illuminated him in scarlet, a natural hue coated his body with a halo. The patient didn't seem attentive to his awareness, burrowed in deep thought that didn't allow the other to disturb. As always Suna had his device in hand, he needed to treasure every passing memory.

Suna took heedful steps progressing over to the edge of the colorless bed. A seat was already placed on the side for any visitors to settle. Suna however, sat on the edge of the occupied hospital cot, and shifted over now sat side by side with Osamu. The ill male turned to the new presence in revelation. His warm eyes dilated staring at Sumu, brown clashed with grayish-yellow. The limited space the medical object provided made them all the more close.

"You came ta visit me?" Suna settled more into his spot rolling his head around on his shoulder to face the ceiling. "Isn't it lonely here? I'm keeping you company in your sickly recovery." Suna tilted his head back to the grey-haired male with a lazy grin.

Osamu attempted to smile back but he gripped his pounding head, giving his company a grimace instead. Suna did his best to solace the sick but as he grabbed a cushion he noticed something. The pain subsided so Suna focused back on the other surface.

A document piled on the side table, mostly for the patient and guests to understand his condition in more depth. Suna carefully lifted the stack of stapled papers his eyes trailed over the information he couldn't gather before. "When did you start to have difficulties?" Was what one of the paragraphs designated to answer.

"Started in the middl' of third year in Inarizaki." Guilt piled up along with the solemn atmosphere. Suna's eyes drooped, how could he have not seen his teammate suffering in his hardships. With a shaky sigh, Suna continued to go through the pages. He had deliberately avoided the first few pages where it fully explained the sickness plaguing the ill. Shaky breaths echoed the room as Osamu strived to maintain his respiring problems. The sound of papers flipped only occurred every two minutes. Not like Suna paid every inch of attention to the numbing words he stared at.

The notes jotted and questions answered were news Atsumu had described beforehand on the phone call to get the ambulance. His fingers itched to turn another page, he knew he was going to undergo pain, but like ripping off a bandaid it was best to do it earlier.

"Miya Osamu, Room 110." He read; Osamu knew that the patient himself hasn't touched, moreover looked at the packet containing his own treacherous afflictions. Suna knew that Osamu would much prefer reading it with someone close by for comfort to know he wasn't alone in this white room. "The patient has been long born with the heart disease cardiomyopathy. It fully revealed its signs and symptoms once he reached his adult stage...In the early adult stages it shows nothing but as it progresses then the symptoms may include: breathlessness with activity.. swelling of the legs. Coughing while laying down..difficulty laying flat to sleep. Fatigue, irregular heartbeats that flutter rapidly. Chest discomfort... dizziness and fainting... In cold temperatures, high winds, snow, and rain can steal body heat and ensure chest pain."