"So...what do you do here...Mr. Smith?" You asked, not really sure what to call him.

"Please, call me Erwin! I'm one of the family doctors here and was actually one of the doctors who-"

Marco dramatically started clearing his throat, pounding at his chest and causing tons of people to look your way. Erwin paused and a look of deep concern set across his face as he went to Marco's side. The freckled boy brushed it off though and sputtered out, "Tickle in the back of-" more coughing, "throat!"

You thought it was weird how he suddenly had a coughing attack, but you decided not to pry. Whatever Marco knew and whatever relationship he had with Erwin was clearly not for your knowing.

You hated being in the dark.

Erwin lead you to a large room where many other people were waiting. Some looked bored, some looked anxious, and some were crying. It felt weird being in a space like this where people were so vulnerable and most likely sad.

"Is there anything I can get you guys?" Erwin asked and you shook your head no, grimacing at the sudden aching you were feeling. Erwin narrowed his eyes at you and Marco placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Is you head bothering you?" Erwin asked, his head tilting in concern.

"I hit my head when I collided with my friend but I should be fine," you responded, rubbing the back of your head.

"Doesn't seem like nothing...we take head injuries very seriously. Why don't you come with me and we'll get you set up with a neurologist," Erwin replied and Marco nodded his head in agreement. You saw no reason to not go with Erwin, so you left Marco behind, as he suggested it. He wanted to stay back unless any news of Connie would be delievered.

As you walked beside Erwin, you were quiet. You didn't think there was much wrong with you, but it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. Erwin lead you into an examination room, telling you to sit tight while he went to go and find a neurologist.

You sat on the examination bed, swinging your legs as you waited. The room was medium-sized and smelled of old carboard and disinfectants. The last time you'd been to the hospital was when you were born. You were a fairly healthy kid and had never broken a bone.

"Why are you swinging your legs?" A monotonous voice spoke up, tired and cold eyes staring straight into your soul. In front of you stood a man who was no more than 5'2". He had dark hair split down the middle, his bangs just above his eyes, and when he turned his head you noticed the undercut. His gray eyes were dark and like slits, just like Mikasa's. It sent a chill down your spine.

Not only was this man intimidating, he was extremely attractive. You'd never seen a man so handsome before, and it wasn't helping that he was a rich doctor.

"I was-uh-I was just-"

"Doesn't matter to me," he sat down on the wheely chair and crossed his left leg over to let his foot rest on his right thigh, his back straight. He had great posture.

"I'm Dr. Ackermann, the top neurologist here. I'll be examining you," he stated whilst putting on a pair of gloves. He also put on a mask, something you found odd just for a head examination, but nonetheless, you let him get to work.

He went through protocol for a head injury and was gentle with you, never applying too much force. He was silent the entire time and only made quiet comments to himself that you couldn't quite decipher, but they sounded like they were about you.

"How's it going?" Erwin walked into the room and Dr. Ackermann didn't say a word. He leaned back from you and took his mask off, throwing it into the trash along with his gloves.