Auction

"Very well then."

**************

The month flew by and Genevieve barely ever saw Solomon outside of the office. Whenever he was free, Gloria was lurking about. She did not care and rarely noticed because she worked hard to help Hugh with the organization of the event. She personally interviewed the twenty females who wanted to participate, and made sure it was all completely voluntary. All of the women were beautiful and outgoing with a few shy birds who desired to feel wanted. Overall all of the women entered, were in her inner circle of wealth and she knew it would be a good night. She was surprised at Gloria's entry and figured Solomon would be spending some cash that night. Cindy's entry shocked her even more but she shrugged it off. The event drew nearer and nearer and she made sure everything was perfect from the cuisine to the hall. She knew for sure Lives for Wives would fan greatly after the event. She had kept that tidbit from Hugh making sure he knew that she wanted to be anonymous with the donation and he completely understood.

Dressing for the event herself, she decided to let her waves hang down her back to contrast the mint green dress she wore. The scoop neck and clever cut outs were appealing without being too revealing. After applying makeup, her eyes popped and she left to meet Hugh.

"My dear you look amazing." She grinned and took the drink he offered.

"As do you. Got an eye on someone particular?" She laughed as the older man blushed.

"No. An old man like me has not the eyes for anyone." He said coughing.

"Please you are only 49 and you are still healthy. Surely there is someone you'd like to take on a date." He shrugged her off grinning.

"Come now the guest are arriving. Gather the women." He said, quickly excusing himself to go greet the men and she laughed shaking her head.

She gathered the women ignoring the scoffs and the egos, as they prepped themselves for attention. She counted nineteen and looked on the list just as the orchestra began to play signalling her. Damn I don't have time for this. She exited and walked behind the podium joining Hugh to welcome the guests.

"Hello. I am Hugh Goodman and this lovely lady is Genevieve Warren." She blushed at the claps and whistles she received.

"You all are very kind but it is not I you are interested in but the twenty lovely women you will a have a chance to wine and dine for a night. So please relax, open your wallets, look but don't touch, and enjoy this special night of fun and potentially love." She grinned at the chuckles. "First we have..."

The show started and the first five beautiful women were auctioned off. Solomon sat in the crowd entertained by Hugh and Genevieve's clever jokes. He noticed her beaming smile and relaxed posture as she auctioned the females off. He tuned back into females being auctioned, as Hugh's voice rang out. "Next we have Cindy. She is technically single and probably ready to mingle."

Gen cut in, "considering her attire I'd turn that probably into a definitely." He noticed the revealing rhinestone dress that twinkled as she strutted like a peacock on the stage. "What can we get? Let's start with $1000." The bids rose and rose as Trevor bid against an elder gentleman from Germany. "Sold! To the Gentleman with the beard for $11,000. Okay fellas untie your purse strings because this next lady is a gem. Introducing Cynthia. Isn't she a doll?" Solomon was shocked at how elegant Cynthia looked in a mature gown and straightened hair. She smiled and flirted while onstage which caused the bid to quickly rise higher. Gen herself could not believe her eyes as her Secretary worked the crowd. "12,000 going once, going twice."

Hugh took the microphone. "$15,000." The bid continued to rise until the man conceded at $18,500.

"Shocker folks. Sold! To Hugh Goodman, you dog, for $18,500. Claim your prize." She grinned when Cynthia blushed as Hugh kissed her knuckles. A tipsy man called from the crowd.