Breakfast

He promised with his heart in his throat.

The next morning Solomon slowly opened his eyes and smiled slightly at Eve whose legs were entangled with the sheets and whose arms were thrown over her head. He found himself subconsciously studying her face as she lumbered. Her rose colored lips slightly parted and her haloed fiery mane caught his attention. His mind flipped back to their long nights of studying and their walks back from the bar and the deep conversations they had about buisness. Smiling, he wrapped a curl around his finger and jumped startled when he noticed her attentive eyes open and observing him.

"You are here." She whispered.

"I know you dream about me often Eve but last night wasn't one of them." He said grinning. "Are you alright?"

She sat up and stretched, unaware of the covers falling down. "Yes. Thank you." She said taking his hand and squeezing it. "He still haunts my thoughts." She sighed tiredly looking back him as their fingers intertwined, they lingered. "Somethings you can't always suppress."

"Yea." He said. The cover had fallen to reveal her sports bra clad form and he noticed a definite maturity he never noticed in college. Feeling weird he quickly rose turning his back to her to retrieve the jacket he he had dropped.

Clearing her throat, she donned a shirt and asked conversationally, "How was your trip that you never really informed me of?"

He grinned. "Good. I met with Rico and discussed buisness." He rolled his eyes at the sound of appreciation she made at the mentioning of Rich's name.

"Rico... Suave." She sung laughing.

"How were things at the office?" He asked after shaking his head. They transitioned to the kitchen and automatically fell into their old routine of breakfast making, without much thought. He beat the eggs as she made toast and fried bacon.

"Pretty solid. I met with Hugh, he lifted my spirits. 4 pieces right?"

"Yea. Omelet or scrambled?" He asked As they worked back to back, she stood at the stove, he mixed veggies into the eggs at the counter.

"Omelet. Plates are in the top left cabinet." He brushed past her and reached for the plates.

"Be on your baddest behavior, lend me some sugar I am your neighbor. Shake it shake shake it shake it like a Polaroid picture shake it." He distractedly sung.

"Hey ya. Uh oh. Hey ya." Eve joined in. "My baby don't mess around because she loves me so and that I know for sho." They hummed and sung, adding different moves to specific lyrics as they finished up making breakfast. They cleared the ingredients from the countertop before Solomon lifted her on top of it and handed her the plate, as himself leaned against the island. "Mmm. I forgot how good your omelettes were." He grinned and munched the bacon. She looked at his plate. "You have jalapeños in yours? Gimme."

He moved his plate from her reach. "No." He laughed. "You always do that. No you can't have mine. Jalapeños and Eve have never mixed." She pouted so Solomon set his plate down and went to pour some orange juice. "10-9-8-7..."

"Solo ahhh why did you give me this?" He gave her the juice laughing.

"I told you."

"Whatever Mr.Grey."

"Don't call me that. That's my father." She grabbed a little of his hair. "You are getting old. What are you? 50 now?"

"I'll give you old." He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder spinning around and around. When dizzy enough they collapsed on the couch laughing.

"Thank God for Saturdays." She said catching her breathe.

"Yea. Movie day?"

"Yep." They pulled their feet up and searched through Netflix. Hours later Eve slept and his phone rung as he dozed off. It read Gloria. A picture of the Brazilian model flashed and his eyebrow rose. Sending it to voicemail he turned the television off and fell into a deep slumber.