< Ch. 1 >

It was a regular gloomy day for the Valden family, a young painter would sit near the window of his art studio so stare at the garden they owned. It was surprisingly very well taken care of, even though Edgar has never seen anyone there to care for it. Edgar had his sketchbook in his hands, he would sketch different parts of the garden and look at the beautiful blue sky for a second to think of ideas for a new painting. He was about to get up and get his supplies ready for painting until he heard someone knocking at the door of his art studio.
< Eddie !! Can you come out of your studio for a second please? I have a certain someone to introduce you to! >
Edgar knew the one who was at the door was none other than Luca Balsa, God, he hated that man so much, he was utterly annoying and would never leave Edgar alone, but if Edgar didn't meet this new person Luca would get even more annoying and eventually introduce them by force.
          Edgar opened the art studio door to the inventor and an unfamiliar figure standing in front of the doorway, he had beautiful goldish eyes, blonde hair, and he carried a brown messenger bag with him. Below his feet was a small yellow dog. The dog seemed to be trained well, as it didn't pounce or bark at Edgar of any sort.
< Edgar, this is Victor, he works as a postman, as you could guess from his bag. We've become friends and have been friends for a while now, and I've been wanting to introduce you to him! >
Edgar crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway of the studio, not changing his cold expression as Luca finished speaking. Victor didn't seem to be one to talk, he just smiled kindly and nodded his head a couple times before looking down at his dog, who was laying at his feet.
< It's your turn, Eddie! Introduce yourself! >
Edgar didn't have a care in the world to introduce himself, he was busy, and he didn't trust this 'postman.' Edgar didn't really have a choice, either, Luca would get mad if Edgar didn't say anything.
< Hello, Victor, was it? My name is Edgar Valden... >
Edgar shot a cold look at Luca as he just giggled and waited for him to finish his introduction as how Luca always told him how to finish.
< ...Pleasure to be meeting you, Victor.. >
Edgar finally finished, Victor reached out his hand to give Edgar a handshake as his 'Pleasure to meet you too.' Edgar, not trusting this postman already, hesitantly held up his hand to accept the postman's. They shook hands and Edgar turned back to his canvas, it was an empty one, as he didn't start painting yet because of Luca bursting in.
< You two can go now, I'm awfully busy at the moment. >
The inventor didn't listen and instead walked into the messy art studio, making Edgar slightly more annoyed than he already was. Luca tried touching one of the paintbrushes that were held in a cup of water, but the painter slapped his hand before he did.
< I don't believe you heard me right, Balsa, I said you could leave now. Take your postman with you. >
Luca ignored Edgar once again. Luca has always wanted to look at Edgar's work and now was the time to do so.
< Luca... >
The painter was getting angry. He didn't like it when people barged in his studio and messed with his supplies and works of art.
< Calm down, Edgar, I'm just looking! I promise I won't touch anything! >
At this point Edgar didn't care anymore, Luca might as well bring the postman in with him now, huh? Well Luca did as so.
< Hey Victor! Come see Edgar's work! It's wonderful! >
'Wonderful.' Edgar has heard that word all around the place. Mostly from rich nobles who only complimented Edgar to get a friendly relationship with his father so they could get more money. Meanwhile, Victor hesitantly walked inside, signaling his dog to not step foot into the studio, he didn't want Edgar in a bad mood, Edgar already looked annoyed as it is. Instead of looking around like Luca was, the postman walked closer to where Edgar was working, Victor could already tell that Edgar's art was amazing, he's seen his works everywhere, Victor is a postman, after all, a postman has to travel all around the city as his job. Edgar didn't bare to look at Victor, he was more concentrated on his painting, he's been searching for an idea for so long and he didn't want to lose this chance by a couple of weirdos. Luca called for Victor to go to where Luca was standing but Victor didn't listen, he was too attracted by the work of the Valden family's eldest son, Edgar Valden. The way Edgar balanced the movement of his hand and the brush to have strokes of paint land on the canvas in harmony was so satisfying to Victor. He wanted to stay longer so he could see Edgar finish this piece. Before Edgar could finish the piece with a few more strokes of red, he got startled by the sound of rain. The sound of rain dripping on the window made Edgar mad. Edgar hated rainy days. He then lost his motivation on the piece and tossed the brush he was using into the cup of colored water. Victor was startled also, as Edgar just jumped from the chair so suddenly, Victor didn't have much time to react or say anything about it. Edgar then urged the other two to get out of the studio, because Edgar was leaving also. Victor and Luca did as told and left the studio.
< Hey, what's wrong now, Edgar? > Luca asked.
< Rainy days aren't my favorite. They take away all my motivation in art. I hate days like these, days like these when the weather is as gloomy as the darkened alleyways of the city. > Edgar responded. The other two understood him fully, because it was true, rainy days were as gloomy as any darkened alleyway.
            Since there wasn't much to do anymore, Victor and Luca both parted ways, heading to their own homes. Edgar turned to his studio and stared at it for a bit.

< I hope Balsa didn't find it.. >