March 17, 2015 PT. 2

My vision was blurred by the alcohol in my blood. I leaned heavily against Bucky's strong arm, and he held my weight easily despite my swaying. He held me close to his side, peppering kisses to my scalp and breathing laughs over my face.

I looked up at him, and his eyes met mine. He gave me a bright smile, dazzling and white in the streetlamps that flickered overhead. We were pushed into a taxi by the rest of the team. They waved and bid their goodbyes, beaming their congratulatory smiles at us.

Bucky fixed hair behind my ears as we started off towards the compound. He whispered sweet nothings into my mind; his words dripped with honey, sweet and intoxicating as they seeped into my thoughts.

My fingers roamed over his body and traced every inch of him I could reach. Heat rose under my skin with every breath that tickled over my jawline. He smelled so strongly of whiskey; it sent tremors down my spine. The hairs of his beard prickled over my face, and shockwaves shook my frame harder. There were earthquakes in my heart that threatened to force explosions all through my being.

The alcohol in my brain marred the passage of time. We arrived sooner than I thought we would, but I was too drunk to really comprehend reality. Bucky slid me out of the taxi, lifting me into his arms and holding me bridal style.

Bridal style.

I remembered the ring on my finger, glittering like the stars that sat over our heads. The heavens sparkled around us and glowed more intensely than I had ever seen. My fingers played with the gold band, twisting and admiring the ways the jewels moved with the starlight.

"Do you like it?" Bucky asked softly.

Lazily, I moved my eyes to look at his smiling face. That glow had not left his features all night. I wondered if it would stay for the rest of time. "I love it," I said. My words were more slurred and bubbly than I had hoped they would be.

He laughed, "How did you get so drunk, my love?" There was a tease in his voice that made me scowl. As if he had not given me margaritas and tequila for every drink. He seemed to read my mind because his smile twisted into a devilish smirk. "You're so funny when you're drunk," he said.

"You're drunk too," I said, a frown still pulled my eyebrows together. "Too drunk to drive us home on your bike." I was glad he had been too intoxicated. I didn't think my stomach and swirling mind could have handled his driving.

Bucky laughed my insults away. "Not too drunk to fuck you back into submission if that's what you want, doll." He eyed me with a gleam in those pale eyes of his. They were like mirrors with the way they reflected back my doe-eyed shock.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing intelligible left me. He laughed with satisfaction. I huffed and tossed my head back to his chest. Do you want me to? He asked loudly in my head.

A shiver ran up me again. Yes, I said quietly back to him. He drove me insane. But I knew I could drive him insane too. Quietly, I pressed thoughts into his head. Mr. Barnes. Handsome and strong, so caring and sweet to me. My darling love. My fiance. My future husband.

His face held that same satisfied smirk, but it was twisted with a sort of humor. He was deeply enamoured with my soft words, whispering love that tickled every part of his body. His eyes would not meet mine even as we ascended the steps to the bedrooms.

Finally, he set me down just outside of our room. He smiled down at me as his blue eyes struck mine like cold ocean waves drowning the shore. Sheepishly, I stepped away from him, anticipating the roughness to come.

But it didn't. Bucky's feet walked with mine towards the bed, and his fingers brushed away the wisps of black hair that framed my face. I sat on the edge of the mattress, staring up at his towering frame.