Chapter 16

If there was one thing Ainosuke learned in his ten years as a politician, was that you should never show your rivals what you're truly feeling. No matter how frustrated Adam got, he always hid the anger under a forced smile, so that he wouldn't bring shame to his family's name.

Ainosuke learned to incorporate this into his "S" life, only showing a playful and cheerful smile on his face while he was Adam. However, he managed to show a different side of Adam, and that made Ainosuke realize that this was the cause of his daughter.

Ever since he found out Y/N was his child, Ainosuke grew an attachment to Y/N that he never felt with anyone else before. Ainosuke wanted Y/N to love him back just as much as he loved her, but no matter what he did, Y/N always went back to Kaoru.

This lead to Ainosuke to lose his cool, causing his mask to slip while he was Adam. He never understood why Y/N would just accept him as her father, as everything he did up until this point was for her. As Ainosuke thought about this, he heard the door to his office open which caused him to snap back to reality.

"Mr. Ainosuke..." Tadashi trailed off when he saw what Ainosuke was doing, his eyes widenng. Ainosuke was eating....or more accurately stress eating. Ainosuke gave a glare to Tadashi, putting the plate that he had on his desk and into his drawer. "What?" Ainosuke demaned, wanting to get the thing Tadashi was going to tell him over quickly.

Tadashi cleared his throat, getting back his composure as he said "Inspector Kiriko Kamata would like to see you...". Ainosuke was taken back, not expecting to hear those words come out of his secretary's mouth. "Kiriko?" "She wants to ask you some questions..." Ainosuke went silent for a moment, not having the slightest clue on what he should say.

Eventually, Ainosuke just sighed and got up from his chair and left his office, When he went to the hallway, he saw Kiriko standing right in front of him, her light purple eyes staring into his ruby red ones. "What do you need from me?" Ainosuke asked, Kiriko chuckling and shoving a piece of paper into his chest.

Ainosuke raised an eyebrow, but soon looked down at the piece of paper to see what it was. Ainosuke's eyes widened, seeing that it was an DNA test that revealed Ainosuke's paternity to Y/N. Ainosuke looked back up at Kiriko, who had a serious look on her face. "Where did you get this?" "Y/N Sakurayashiki had just been discharged from the hospital, and I was allowed to get a blood sample from her before she left.".

Ainosuke gritted his teeth, asking Kiriko "What are you trying to prove with this?". "Why are you keeping this a secret..." Kiriko said, Ainosuke taken back by the answer. "What do you mean?" "I know you have been told of your biological child since her mother died....so tell me why you are keeping this a secret." Ainosuke looked away, biting his lip and not giving Kiriko an answer.

Kiriko scoffed, taking her leave from the manor as she said to Ainosuke "I knew I shouldn't have expected an answer from you...". Once Kiriko left, Ainsouke went back into his office, pulling out a heart shaped locket and looking inside it.

It was a picture of a Kiriko and him as children......

Ainosuke only glared at the photo, throwing it into the trashcan and leaning against the wall, trying to regain his composure.....

~~~~~~~~

For the last day of the tournament, a different location had to be used as the mines that "S" was usually held at was sealed away. It was said to be due to a storm, and Adam specified to take his and Y/N's match to the first place were "S" was held at. The course started at a tall mountain, and if you were able to fall from the course.....well, just pray that you only had a few broken bones.