Chapter 8

Being adopted by a famous calligrapher had it's perks, such as eating food other than ramen and whatever leftovers where in the fridge or actually having diversity in clothing. Though, It definitely had it's downsides as well, especially if you were adopted by Kaoru Sakurayashiki. Kaoru was strict with Y/N, giving her an schedule that he expected Y/N to follow everyday.

"You're allowed to hang out with your friends after school, but don't get cocky and spend too much time with them." Kaoru said, introducing Y/N to the schedule she will now have. "Come home by 6:00 and lights out by 8:35." Kaoru handed Y/N a list that had all of the times that was in the schedule, Y/N taking a good look at it.

"Understand?" Kaoru asked Y/N, Y/N nodding and glancing away with a nervous look. She didn't like how much the pink haired man had his eye on her, understanding why but still feeling uncomfortable. However, Y/N couldn't deny that this was the first time someone had made sure she was okay.

It was a foreign concept to her, so when Kaoru started to do so, Y/N could only react with annoyance. She at first didn't understand why Kaoru cared so much for what she did, thinking he was just overreacting. Though, Y/N did know and appreciated just how much Kaoru wanted her to be safe, knowing that her mother was far from what Kaoru was.

She was.....Thankful, to say the least.

But, one thing was for sure and that was that despite her new last name which was connected to a very powerful person.....she was still a target at school. Right after class ended, Y/N was about to head out the building until Tomoe called out her name. "Hey Y/N!" She exclaimed, smiling as she skipped in front of Y/N.

"What's this? You're not wearing a hoodie?" Tomoe asked, seeing that Y/N was wearing a yellow shirt with overalls over it. "You actually found some fashion sense!" "Don't act like I picked this out, My guardian forced me to wear this..." "Your guardian?" Y/N realized that she didn't inform her school about Kaoru having adopted her, so she was still Y/N L/N to them.

Tomoe only smirked, taking a pair of scissors from her skirt pocket and saying to Y/N "Than....Your guardian might be sad when they see that you somehow ruined it.". Tomoe attempted to snip at the overalls, Y/N stepping back and falling to her bottom. Tomoe's friends who were watching from the distance only laughed, Tomoe getting closer and snipping the scissors in front of Y/N's face to frighten her even more.

Y/N wanted to fight back, she really wanted to.....but she didn't want to break Kaoru's trust...

"I heard that you got into fights at school a lot..." Kaoru told Y/N, Y/N blushing in embarrassment as she heard that. "How did you know?" "Went through your school records, just to see what your like there." Kaoru looked at Y/N, seeing she had a look of shame on her face. Kaoru sighed, kneeling to Y/N's height and saying to her "Promise me....You won't get into more fights?"

Y/N at first stayed quiet, not knowing what she should say. She than saw Kaoru take out his pinky, showing that he wanted to make it official and pinky promise on it. Y/N only shook her head, making her hand into a fist and putting it towards Kaoru. "Let's just fist bump on it!" She said, Kaoru at first taken back but than smiled.

"I'm sorry...." Y/N thought, about to throw a punch at Tomoe....But Tomoe dropped her scissors before she could. "And what are doing to my child?" Kaoru asked, standing behind Y/N and hiding his face behind his fan. If you could look behind the fan, Kaoru's face was more stern than it ever was. "Wait....Y/N's your daughter?" Tomoe asked, Y/N getting up and trying to explain what Kaoru really is.

"No, He's just my-" "I'm her father, and I would like to know what you were about to do to her just now?" Tomoe recognized who Kaoru was, her parents being major fans of him. So, what would her relationship with her parents be like if they found out she was scolded by the one and only calligrapher. "We're friends, so I was just playing around with her...hehe" Tomoe lied, laughing a bit in hopes of sounding realistic.