Chapter 9

Y/N never realized just how hard a fan could be......

When she and Kaoru got home, Kaoru instantly hit Y/N with his fan, too angry to realize what he did. "What were you thinking?" Kaoru asked, Y/N rubbing her head as she looked up at him. "Did you know I could have lost you?" Kaoru was about to hit Y/N again, until he saw a tear fall down her face.

Kaoru's eyes widened, noticing what he was doing. He dropped his fan, Y/N inching away from him in fear. "Y/N...." Kaoru mumbled, kneeling down and opening his arms up for a hug. Y/N looked away, still feeling ashamed for what she did.

Kaoru sighed, pulling Y/N close to him and embracing her. As Kaoru rubbed her back, Y/N nuzzled into his neck when he said "I'm sorry....I shouldn't have done that.". Just than, Kaoru pressed a small kiss on Y/N's forehead, softly muttering "I love you.." to her.

Y/N blushed, Kaoru realizing what he just did. "I'm sorry-" "No....I like that." Y/N smiled, feeling a sense of comfort In those three words. Y/N knew what love was, but didn't know the experience of it due to her original upbringing.

So, when she heard the word "I love you" be said to her for the first time...she felt happy.

Kaoru chuckled, hugging Y/N tightly as he gave her another kiss. "Did anybody ever say that to you before?" Kaoru asked, Y/N thinking for a moment until she shook her head. Kaoru was taken back, now knowing just how neglected Y/N was.

"I guess I have the honor of being the one to be the first person than." Kaoru said, Y/N chuckling as he picked her up. Kaoru smiled as he saw Y/N playfully stuck her tongue out at him, sticking his own tongue out at her and laughing. As Kaoru held Y/N close, he looked down at her and whispered "Promise me you won't do what you just did?".

Y/N nodded, Kaoru giving her another smile and peppering kisses all over her face. Y/N laughed, trying to get Kaoru to stop. Kaoru than started to walk up the stairs, still holding onto Y/N closely as he told her "Next month, I'm going on a business trip during the summer."

"You are?" "Yes, and I was wondering if you would like to come along?" Y/N nodded quickly when she heard that, having never been outside of Okinawa before. Her mother never allowed her to go anywhere, so hearing this opportunity made her pounce at it immediately.

Kaoru snorted as he saw Y/N's smile, taking her excitement as a yes. "Alright, but you better be on your best behavior when we get there as the clients I'm attending to are very important and I can't afford to lose them." Kaoru said, Y/N nodding and snuggling into his chest.

~~~~~~~

If Y/N knew how long and boring the ferry ride to Miyako-jima was, she would have asked to stay at home rather than tag along. As Y/N sat down next to Kaoru, she saw that he was fast asleep, nudging him a bit to wake him up. "What..." Kaoru mumbled, not bothering to open his eyes. "How long until we arrive?" "About one more hour...I think?" Y/N groaned as she leaned back on her chair, Kaoru pulling on her cheek.

"Ouch!" Y/N exclaimed, rubbing her cheek as Kaoru told her "How about you go around and explore the ferry for a bit...". Y/N nodded, getting up from her seat and looking around the see where she can go. "Oh hey, Y/N!" Reki called out to her, Y/N turning back to face him.

"Reki? What are you doing here?" Y/N asked, looking behind the older boy to see that Langa, Miya, Hiromi, and Kojiro was there to. "We were heading to the hot springs." "Hot springs? Don't boomers go there?" "Miya said that this one can heal injuries."

"What about you?" Kojiro asked, approaching the two youths. "If you're here than that must mean..." Kojiro trailed off when Kaoru caught his eye, seeing him wake up once Cara informed him that the ferry was close to the destination. Y/N went into shock as Kaoru glared at Kojiro, Kojiro angrily asking him "Now what are you doing here?".