Chapter 4 - What I Want

Once the shock had passed, he was left in confusion.

Deku stood up and grabbed the paper bag. "Hey look, it's still warm!" Putting a hand to his chin to think, he decided, "You haven't been very good today but I never said you had to be a good boy to earn your dinner. You answered my questions, what's fair is what's fair." He tossed the bag to Katsuki with a grin.

Inside was a plastic bottle of water, a grilled cheese sandwich in a plastic baggie, and a handful of potato chips. Opening the bottle, he downed half of it in mere seconds. (Of course he checked if the bottle was sealed beforehand.)

Deku went through then locked the barred door, saying, "I'm sure you'd like to enjoy your food by yourself. On his way out of the room, he said, "I'm turning the lights out in 10 minutes. Goodnight, Kacchan!"

He was gone before Katsuki had the time to form a question. Never mind that. His stomach was starting to digest itself at this point. Quickly scarfing down the food, he threw the trash to the side as the light went out. Leaving him in darkness, he laid down on the frigid floor, curling into himself to preserve heat.

It's been one hell of a day.

——*——

Opening his eyes, he was met with darkness. Or was his eyes really open? Testing it brought a sense of unease to him. Sitting up and rubbing his head, the rattle of the chains painfully reminded him of where he was. Then another thought came to him.

Deku.

He was alive.

Within the darkness, the only thing he could see was the red blinking light of the security camera. Raising his voice for the mic to pick up, he hesitantly called, "Deku... are you there?"

What if Katsuki imagined it all? What if his mind was playing tricks on him just like it always does? What if Deku really wasn't alive?

Moments passed before the light flickered on and the door opened, revealing a face he missed dearly. "You called, Kacchan?" Katsuki stared at him. He's supposed to be dead! After getting no response, Deku rolled his eyes. "If you're not going to say anything, I'm just going to leave."

"How?" Katsuki asked suddenly.

"How what, Doll? Be more specific, please."

"How are you... alive? I saw you dead!" Katsuki had been at Deku's funeral. The person in the casket was clearly Deku.

Deku put a hand to his chin in thought. "I never really asked Crusty how he did it. All I remember was falling then meeting Deku." Flicking his wrist down, he said, "And I do not recommend jumping off a building. Falling isn't as calming as you'd think." A smile was stretched across his face, but that was clearly another mask. "It was scary as fuck, Kacchan."

Katsuki's throat closed up in guilt. "Did you... because I said..?" he asked hesitantly, dropping his eyes.

Deku snorted in amusement and leaned against the bars. "What, did I try to kill myself because you told me to?" Katsuki squirmed at the blunt words. "Yes. I did."

Katsuki brought one knee up to his chest to hide his head. "I didn't know my words had such an effect on you back then," he said quietly. "I would've never said... what I said if I knew you would actually do it."

"Oh! So it would be completely fine if I never tried huh? Everything you did to me was justified?"

Katsuki's head shot up. "No! Of course not!" Sighing, he said, "Nothing I did to you was okay. I was a cruel kid."

"Those are just excuses, you must've had a reason, or did you just hate me?" Deku glared at Katsuki, making him squirm.

Frustrated with himself for not being able to find the words he was looking for, he raised his voice in defense, saying, "I've never hated you, Deku!"

Deku unlocked the barred door and approached Katsuki. "And yet you call me that stupid, mocking nickname!" His voice rose with Katsuki's.

Katsuki's hands subconsciously lifted to shield his neck in case it was targeted for attack again. "You still call me 'Kacchan'!" He protested, standing up to meet his eyes.

Deku growled in frustration. "I gave you that name out of love, you call me 'Deku' to hurt me!"

"You kidnapped me! Do you honestly expect me to be nice?!"

"I kidnapped you because I'm tired of not getting what I want!" Deku yelled in Katsuki's face.

Katsuki didn't take the yelling too kindly, raising his voice as well. "What the fuck do you want!?"

Deku groaned, shouting out, "I want you, asshole!"

Katsuki paused. Did he hear that correctly? "You want... me?" His fire returned just as rapidly as it left. "Why the fuck would you want me?! I tortured you for years!"

"Because I love you, Kacchan! You're mine!" Deku placed a palm on Katsuki's cheek, holding it gently, slowly tightening his grip. His voice grew venomous as he stared into Katsuki's eyes. "And you're going to love me back whether you like it or not."

Katsuki slapped Deku's hand off of him and scoffed, "I will never be yours." Backing up, he crossed his arms over his chest. "What, you think I'd wanna live in a cage with you for the rest of my life? I have a life I need to get back to!" Japan was currently missing its #1 hero, who would save it while he was gone? What about his friends and family?

Deku stood eerily still as he thought. Pivoting on his heel and turning towards the door, he said, "Well I can easily fix that."

Deku was already gone before Katsuki realized what he said.

What was Deku going to do?