23. Back In Order

We all stepped outside the court as Lucas and Asher went to get my documents from the police when they swept the house of my uncle. He took all my identity, my birth certificate and passport and everything away from me. Including my school certificates. They are of huge importance now that I have a shot at my future again.

"I'll go get the car." Mike said and left.

"Excuse me, Emily?" I heard someone from the right side and I turned to see a middle aged blonde woman.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your story. I hope you're alright now." She sounded really sorry for me.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks for the concern." I said.

"You probably don't know me but I'm Charlie's fiance, Elsa. Umm.. Ex-fiance. I know what you think but honestly, I didn't know anything about his business. All I knew that he was the owner of the hotel where I work and we went on a few dates and he was very kind to my sons and they liked him as well. We got engaged a month ago and two days before we got that court letter. Today is the day I got to know of his true colors." She said and I felt so bad for her.

"Oh my God that's terrible. I'm so sorry you faced that all alone. Are you okay mam?" I reached out to hold her hand.

"I am now, it was a shock at first but it's gonna take time to heal. And please dear call me Elsa." She seemed really nice. We talked for a while and Adam did too. They hit it off really well. We exchanged our numbers to stay in touch.

"I'll soon shift in my old apartment but when I settle down promise to come home for a coffee and bring Brandon too. I'm sure he's gonna love my boys." She said.

"Would you like to join us for lunch right now?" Adam asked.

"Oh no I don't wanna ruin your family time." She said.

"We would love to have you." I insisted.

"No really, I have to find another job and shift back to my apartment. There's a lot on the list." She looked very worried and tensed. I felt bad for her.

"Let me know if you need any help shifting your stuff. I'm sure me and guys can help you out." I said and she agreed to that.

"Yeah Elsa, my boys are very helpful, how about we meet tomorrow for shifting? It's a weekend, we can arrange stuff." Adam said.

"Thankyou so much guys for all your help. I'll give you a call tomorrow then." She waved and left.

"It's a shame how the world works, crushing innocent lives like nothing." I looked at him and he was going through my case file.

"Can I see it?" I asked him. He handed me the file and I saw all the names, and my details and everything. I just wanted to do one thing with it.

I shut it.

I shut it close and put the velcro on it to keep it closed. "Now this file won't open Adam." I said to him pointing at it and he smiled. I kept it on my lap. It felt cold against my skin and I laughed. That's what my life was. Cold. Not anymore.

Mike brought the car and Asher and Lucas made there way to us as well. Asher held a cardboard box probably full of my stuff in it.

"Wanna get lunch?" Adam asked looking at his phone then keeping it in his pocket.

"Sure, we can go to a famous restaurant nearby that I know of. How about we pick up Brandon from school, it's almost time." Mike said putting on his seat belt. That's when Asher picked me up to make me sit inside. When I settled, I felt small sensation but I couldn't understand from where it came.