11| when the party's over

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hi Lex," Everett greeted the girl with little to no enthusiasm in his voice. He could hear Alexandra chuckle on the other line as she greeted him back, "hey sunshine."

"So why are you confused Ev?" Sebastian asked his friend as Everett huffed in frustration.

"There's a girl..." Everett trailed off as he could already sense the grin forming on Sebastian's lips.

"Ah, so I see you finally took my advice from when I came to visit," Sebastian said smugly.

"Shut the fuck up man, it's not like that."

"Then what's it like?"

What is it like? Thought Everett as he pondered over Sebastian's words.

"I just met her a few weeks ago, we're in the same University, she became friends with Row, it just kind of happened that way I guess," Everett mumbled as he cringed at his own words.

"Cool bro, so have you kissed her yet?"

"Dude! Did you miss the part when I said I met her a few weeks ago?"

"I see your predicament," Sebastian hummed out a reply as Everett rolled his eyes.

"If you aren't going to help me I'm going to hang up on you dickface," Everett grumbled as Sebastian burst out into laughter.

"Look I'm sorry man, I mean do you like her? As in really like her?"

That was the issue. How was Everett supposed to know how he felt about Briar when nothing has happened between them? He's only known the ballet dancer for a few weeks but he couldn't help but feel an attraction towards her. Would she feel the same?

"I don't know. It's as simple as that bro, I just don't know," Everett huffed as he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your confusing thoughts Ev, call me soon bro I miss you," Sebastian bid his goodbyes as Everett did the same and hung up the phone.

Everett was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the small voice of Briar Addison shouting through the bathroom door until the soft click of the door interrupted the silence.

Briar opened the bathroom door ajar so that she could fit through and met the heated gaze of Everett Kaine. Poor Briar was shivering in the tiny white towel with her long brown hair dripping onto the floor. Everett stood up in surprise as he looked at the petite girl standing before him.

"I was calling for you, didn't you hear me?" Briar's soft voice broke through the silence as they both continued to stare at one another.

"Uh no, m'sorry princess," Everett coughed out. "What did you need?"

"I was wondering i-if you had any spare clothes for me to borrow since I don't exactly fancy wearing my party clothes. But only if t-that's okay with you," Briar stuttered as she tucked a stray wet piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah of course, sorry I didn't hear you I was taking a call," Everett apologised as he walked over to his drawers and pulled out a dark green hoodie with some old grey joggers. "It's okay really," Briar waved off his apology as he handed her the change of clothes. Her breath hitched in her throat as she took in the proximity of them both. His warm minty breath could be felt on the top of her head as she stared directly into his chiselled chest since she knew that if she looked into those captivating eyes, that she would be done for.

A loud sharp bang could be heard throughout the apartment as Briar and Everett broke their 'moment'. Everett immediately began rushing out of his bedroom and towards the front door as Briar hastily pulled on the clothes Everett so kindly gave her.

Rowan and Bexley soon followed out of Rowan's bedroom with flushed cheeks and frizzed hair. Everett raised an eyebrow at the two girls who both looked at him with a blank face.

"What?" Bexley spat at Everett in annoyance. "We were both horny and needed to relieve some tension," Rowan finished with a small shrug as Bexley laughed at her statement. Everett rolled his eyes but gave an amused smile.

"What was that noise?" The soft voice of Briar sounded as she came out of Everett's bedroom in clothes nearly three times the size of her. Everett admired the beauty radiating off of the girl quickly but immediately shook that off as he walked over to the front door and pulled it open.

Nobody.

Everett huffed in annoyance as he turned to walk back into the flat. But as he turned towards the door, a shocking surprise stood before him.

Stuck to the door, was a small dark picture with two figures. The height difference a massive giveaway that it was a boy and a girl. As he took a closer look, his eyebrows furrowed as he thought back to what he and a certain brunette wore to the party they had just attended. Realisation crossed over his features as he took in the dark picture before him. It was a picture of Everett and Briar walking home that night, with the faint figures of Bexley and Rowan ahead of them. Although, what appeared to be more alarming and make Everett's eyes widen was what was sticking the picture to the door. At the top middle of the picture, was a large kitchen knife that could easily be used as an extremely dangerous weapon.

The shocked gasps from the girls were all that was heard throughout the silence filling the flat. Everett took the knife out of the picture with a grunt, as he flipped over the creepy picture to see a message written in red, bold letters.

'STAY AWAY FROM MY BRIAR

OR

BAD THINGS WILL COME TO HAUNT YOU'.

Complete horror and confusion were all that was seen on Everett's face as Briar walked up to him slowly and read the horrible message. A gasp escaped her lips as she brought up a hand to muffle a sob that escaped her chapped lips.

Bexley quickly took action and took Briar into her arms as she whispered calming things into her best friend's ear. The loud, terrifying sobs that escaped Briar was all that was heard making the current situation even more horrific.

Everett and Rowan slowly looked at each other with wide eyes, and for once Rowan had nothing snarky to say.

"Well shit, I know I laugh at murder documentaries but I am so not ready to be apart of one."

Nevermind.

Status: unedited

Status: unedited