T W E N T Y - E I G H T

We all had arrived to our destination, as Alaric parked the car in front of a brown building made of brick. We all hopped out from his car, as we made our way towards the building.

Once we were inside, I took a look around. I walked behind the three.

" Excuse me, hi I'm Alaric Saltzman" He spoke, the girl seemed to be grabbing something from one of the wooden drawers. She then stopped what she was doing as she got her hand out to greet him.

" I called earlier" He smiled at the lady.

" Yes of course" She responded back. Leaning her side onto the counter part of the drawers. " I'm Vanessa Monroe—research assistant" she greeted herself, as we know knew what her name was. " Comparative Folklore" She said slowly, her eyes slowly moving down Damon's Body. I then took a step in front of him, crossing my arms.

" Someone's jealous" Damon placed a hand onto my shoulder, whispering into my ear. Chuckling as it echoed down my ear.

" Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys" She said nervously, as she stared at me for second.

" I'm sorry these are my friends Elena and Damon" He pointed to the two of them.

" And who's the girl beside him?" She asked.

" Sadie. I'm Sadie" I spoke, waving my hand in mid air. Trying to seem polite.

" Sorry I hope this isn't too much of an imposition" He sighed.

" Please, Isobel's office is right here through there" She gave him a smile, as Alaric returned it.

" Isobel was one of my first professors. I'm a grad student, she was brilliant" She went to the desk, grabbing keys with her hand.

" One of the reasons I went into Folklore" She now played with the keys, as we stood and listened.

" I have to ask.... has there been any news?" She looked down at the floor for a second then back at Alaric.

" No. No, I'm afraid not" His face had no sort of emotion.

" It's right this way" She pointed towards her office with her finger. She then opened the door, as we then walked in. I turned my head in all directions, looking at everything that were on shelves.

" I'll grab the light, feel free to look around" She added. " Fascinating isn't it?".

" Mhm" Damon mumbled, inspecting every little thing. " Wait where'd she go?". The lady then appeared out of nowhere, a crossbow in her hands. Aiming it at Elena. A small gasp escaping from her vibrant pink lips as she shot but Damon speeded infront her, getting hit by the wooden arrow instead.

Alaric went up to the lady, launching at her. As he placed his arm onto his throat, pushing her against the wall. As Damon fell to the floor, as I quickly ran towards him. Elena now sat next to him, shocked.

I then removed Alaric from her, as I now held my arm against her throat.

" You little bitch" I gritted through my pearly white teeth. As she tried leaving, i pushed her head back. Making it hit the wall as a groan escaped from her.

" Ok let her go!" Alaric rolled his eyes, trying to remove me from Vanessa. But i slapped his hand away. I then let her go, as she pushed my arms off her own throat. Her face was in-front mine. As she slowly looked me up and down, a harsh look portrayed within her eyes.

" Try it again I dare you" I spat at her. My blood boiled just staring right at her.

" Crazy Bitch" She whispered lowly, as she walked away.