"That's complete Nonsense, Aunty. Aesa Kaha Likha Hai Ki, A girl with a brown skin can't wear dark colour dresses." (Where is written that....) Iram snapped, making Gulnaz Phuphi gasp dramatically.

"Ahmed, Dekhre Ho Kitni Lambi Jaban Hai Es Ladki Ki. Aur Aese Ladkiyon Ke Saath Tumhaare Bete Ne Dosti Kar Rakhi Hai." (Ahmed, see how long this girl's tongue is. And your daughter has befriended such girls.) Said Gulnaz with fake crocodile tears in her eyes.

"Gulnaz Aapa, Aap Roye Na." (Sister Gulnaz, don't you cry.) Zoya's Abba, Ahmed said rushing to his sister, totally not noticing the tears in his daughter, Zoya's eyes.

All the while Nasreen, Zoya's Ammi kept quiet, silently observing the scene. Slightly hoping that her husband might take his daughter side this time.

But only if she knew, that some people never changes.

"Iram, apologize to Gulnaz Aapa right now." Zoya's Abba demanded.

"But Uncle--" Iram was cut off by Gulnaz's remark.

"Rehne de Ahmed, She is totally a characterless girl. What do you expect from her?" (Let it be Ahmed,)

"BUS!!" A loud angry voice rang in the silence that overtook after Gulnaz's remark. (STOP!!)

"BUS!! BOHOT BOL LIYA AAPNE! JUST BECAUSE WE RESPECT YOU THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT!" Yelled Zoya beyond angry. (STOP!! YOU HAVE SPOKEN A LOT!)

"AAPKO JO BHI MUJHE BOLNA HAI BOLE. PAR MERE FRIENDS KO EK SHABD NAHI." (SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SAY TO ME. BUT NOT A WORD TO MY FRIENDS.)

"HERE, YOU CAN HAVE THIS DRESS FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. WHICH OBVIOUSLY MY ABBA IS GOING TO PAY FOR." Said Zoya with a little sarcasm, leaving Gulnaz furious, which only lasted a second until a big grin appears on Gulnaz's face.

It was faster than the lightning, Ahmed raised his hand and swung it across Zoya's face, a loud thunderous noise echoed throughout the living room. She stumbled due to impact, her hand automatically went to the left cheek where her Abba had slapped her. She peeked at her Abba, she always craves his love from childhood. Unlike other daughter, she never became a Daddy's Little Princess.

She was never loved by her Abba, because his sister brainwashed him. She filled poison in his mind about Zoya. About how she was nothing but a disgrace to them all.

All was looking at the scene with disbelief, except two who couldn't stop grinning. Gulnaz and her daughter, Afifa.

"AHMED!!" Nasreem screamed, still not believing that her husband raised his hand on their lovely and younger daughter, Zoya.

Looking at her Abba last time, Zoya stormed out of the living room to her room, with a broken heart and hope of feeling loved by her Abba.

Iram and Iqra who was about to run after her, to console her was stop by Mustafa who was watching the whole scene. He was feeling angry on both his mother and sister, who pulled this stunt. Not being able to stop himself, he walked towards Zoya's room, whom he considered as his sister. Since Zoya didn't had a brother, he was always there for her as a brother. In school, whenever someone fight with her, he would always accompany her to school and during exams whenever she had difficulty in studying, he was always there for her to help her tutoring.

***

She was lying on the bed with her face on the pillow, muffling her sobs. Her tears wouldn't stop, wetting her pillow.

A feeling of hatred was forming in her heart for her Gulnaz Phuphi. She had failed Zoya's relationship with her Abba. Inside her, a small girl was still waiting for his Abba love. She was expecting her Abba's visit in her room.

Just then the door of her room opened and her body stilled, expecting her Abba.

"Zoya." A sob escape her mouth, when she heard the voice and realised it was someone else.

Mustafa heart broke into two, when he saw in what state Zoya was. Her body was shaking indicating a sob. He walked towards her and sat beside her on the bed.

"I am sorry for what happened outside." He whispered guilty.

Zoya turns and get up in a sitting position. She pulled the dupatta that was on the corner of the bed and put it upon her.

"Bhai Aap Kyu Maafi Maangre Hai? It wasn't your fault." (Why are you apologizing brother?) She whispered in her wobbly voice, wiping her tears.

"Whatever my Ammi said outside isn't true. All colours suits you." He said honestly while placing his hand on her and giving it a squeeze.

A small smile appear on Zoya's face, despite the tears in her eyes.

"Aaj toh Ammi Ki Khair Nahi. Sirf Ghar Chalne Do Unhe, Abba will put some sense in her." He muttered slightly angry.

"But still, I am sorry for all that. Ho Sake Toh Ammi Ko Bhi Maaf Kar Dena." (If possible, then forgave my mother too.) He said patting her head.

All the while, Zoya was observing him, thinking how lucky she was to have Mustafa Bhai in her life.

"Chalta Hu. Ab Aur Maat Rona, Warna Tsunami Aa Jaaege Ghar Mai." (I am going. Don't cry anymore, otherwise Tsunami will come home.) He said teasingly, painting Zoya's face red in embarrassment.

"Bhai!!" (Brother!!) She whined.

"Here, your Amanat." (Your property.) He said passing her a Kit Kat Chocolate.

"Thanks Bhai." Zoya exclaims with a gleam of happiness in her eyes.

All the while, a certain someone was quitely watching their interaction with a smile on her face from outside Zoya's room. Not knowing that a liking for Mustafa was slowly taking over her heart.

***

Assalamualaikum Everyone!!!!

How was the update?

This chapter was important, just wanted to let you know how Zoya's life was before Ayaan and after Ayaan.

Sorry for not updating for a long period. My Ammi was admitted in the hospital so I was quite busy in doing household chores plus taking care of her.

RAMADAN MUBARAK!! Do pray for me & my family, especially my Ammi❣️.

Do comment guys. How will I know that the story is going on track or not?

Vote, Comment & Share!!

24.04.2021.