Chapter 12

Just as promised, Y/N and Keiji were up early and on their way to Kuroo's (also technically Kenma's) new apartment that was a bit deeper into the city, closer to the university Kuroo was attending and still close enough to Nekoma. 

From the pictures she'd seen, Y/N was impressed that Kuroo could afford such a nice place. It made sense once Kenma told her the place was being paid for Kuroo's mother, a gift of sorts. What kind of mother gifted her son a two bedroom, huge, apartment? Who knew?

"I think this is the place.." Keiji muttered as he pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex the GPS on his phone led him to. 

"Ken says he can see us through the window," Y/N laughed through a yawn, shaking her head and unbuckling her seatbelt. "Ready to do some heavy lifting?"

She laughed at Keiji's groan, hurrying out of the car and walking towards the entrance of the building. 

Kuroo welcomed the couple with open arms, apologizing for calling for their help. Everyone was quick to get to a task, Y/N and Kenma mostly organizing and rearranging furniture as Keiji and Kuroo carried boxes from Kuroo's car or around the apartment. 

Around midday, Bokuto arrived after his morning practice ended. He was able to provide the last bit of muscle and plenty of encouragement.

Finally, just in time for a late lunch/early dinner, everything was set in the apartment. Furniture was placed carefully in each of the rooms, kitchen set up with all the dishes and utensils, bedroom drawers and the closet neatly filled with clothes, the spare bedroom set up with Kenma's gaming equipment and some of Kuroo's belongings and all of the finer details. 

"Lunch, dinner, or whatever, food-" Kuroo started, "is definitely on me. As a thank you for helping me out."

"I was forced," Kenma mumbled, bringing his head down so his forehead was against the cool surface of the kitchen island.

"You're going to be living here within the next month, kitten," Kuroo mumbled back, scrolling through a list of restaurants and walking over so he could rub the spot between Kenma's shoulder blades. "Of course you had to be here. And you should thank Y/N, she took a lot off your hands."

"To be fair, Ken was the one who told me where to put everything. He has a good eye for that kinda stuff. I, on the other hand, do not, so I had no choice but to follow blindly," Y/N said, burying her face into the side of Keiji's chest despite his efforts to keep her away because of how sweaty he felt. "It was pretty 50/50."

"Can you get fried chicken?" Bokuto asked, coming out of the bathroom down the hall. "Chicken sounds so good."

"Bokuto-san, you just came from practice," Akaashi said, finally letting himself be touched and lazily slinging an arm over his girlfriend, "and you're about to have fried food."

"You have no right to judge," Bokuto quipped back, taking a seat by the island where Kenma was falling asleep under Kuroo's touch. 

Kuroo nodded at the request, clicking the call icon of a fried chicken restaurant and signaling Bokuto to replace his hand on Kenma. He mouthed the words he won't know the difference and walked out of the room, putting on a peppy voice as he talked to the restaurant employee on the other side. 

Bokuto cautiously put a hand on Kenma where Kuroo had it before, looking like a child afraid to pet a big dog. He exhaled in relief when Kenma began to snore softly, confidently rubbing the younger boy's back and taking out his phone to reply to messages. 

On the side, Y/N and Keiji sat at the small dining table and huddled over Y/N's phone, whispering back and forth about the plans they made for the upcoming Friday with her friends.