Chapter 4

"I can't believe you're finally here," Akaashi gushed. He brought Y/N's hand, that was laced in his, up to his lips. 

Y/N giggled, giving him a smile. "As much as I love your little displays of affection, please focus on driving. Stop taking your eyes off the road."

Akaashi pouted but he turned to focus his attention back to the road. He kept his fingers intertwined with Y/N's, letting them rest on her thigh. "Your hair got longer," he murmured, trying his best to not steal another glance.

"Someone's observant," she teased. "Barely, though. Not much can grow in a month."

"I notice everything." He gave her hand a squeeze.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't notice your shoulders are broader," Y/N said with reddened cheeks. "Lookin' good, Captain."'

"And you're looking gorgeous as always, Manager."

Akaashi parked the car in front of his house, rushing out of the car. He tossed his keys into Y/N's lap, opening the trunk. "I'll get your stuff, love. You head inside."

Y/N shrugged and took the key, twirling it around her finger and then stepping out of the car. There was a gentle smile on her face as she walked towards the front door. She missed being in Tokyo. She unlocked the door and stepped inside, the smell of baking hitting her nose. 

Bokuto popped out from behind the wall at the sound of the front door opening. "N/N!"

"Kou!"

Y/N laughed as Bokuto scooped her up in a hug. "You're here!"

"Yes I am," she laughed, her cheek against his chest. They pulled away and Y/N rested her hands on Bokuto's arms. "Tell me, was Keiji insufferable?"

"Oh my god, was he ever!" Bokuto exclaimed dramatically. "Sulking around, he looked like a wounded puppy. Broke my heart."

"Seriously, 'Kaashi had a grey cloud over his head, like, eighty percent of the time," Laila added, coming out from where Bokuto had. 

"Laila!" Y/N squealed, running over to her friend. She flew into the other girl's open arms. "I missed you!"

"Aw, I missed you too, bubs."

"Thank you for taking care of him," Y/N whispered. "How much did he refuse?"

Laila laughed and leaned away from the embrace. "More with Kou than with me, I think he didn't want to come off rude. And don't thank me, I don't mind. It's easy to do when we're classmates and live so close by."

"Hey, can I have my girlfriend back?"

Y/N grinned and looked towards the entrance of the house. Keiji set down her bag and opened his arms.

"Kōtarō and I need to get going anyway." Laila brought Y/N in for another hug. "You better visit us before you leave, Y/N."

"Of course I will," Y/N assured. 

Bokuto also got a quick hug before he and Laila walked out. Right when he was about to close the front door behind him he sent a wink Akaashi's way. Akaashi rolled his eyes, flinching when he felt arms wrap around his waist.

Y/N pouted, leaning her head forward to look at his face. "Why'd you flinch?"

"You startled me," he replied, turning in her arms so her head rested against his chest. "I missed having you in my arms."

She nuzzled her cheek against him. "Same here, baby."