Chapter 8

Y/N shivered at the cold air hitting her face, nuzzling deeper into Keiji's neck and pulling the comforter over her head.

"You know, we're gonna have to get up at some point," Keiji mumbled, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"Wrong, we stay here forever. It's safe."

He hummed and slipped his hand underneath the shirt she was wearing to rub circles on her back. "Mm, it's safe," he sleepily repeated. He yawned and snuggled in closer, the warmth of their bodies too comforting to leave. "Love you," he whispered before slipping back into sleep.

Y/N rolled her eyes with a smile. Didn't he just finish saying they had to get up? But she let it slide, leaving soft kisses on the skin of his neck. She breathed out a laugh when she felt him shiver from the contact. "Love you, Keiji."

The silence was comfortable. Y/N listened to his soft and even breathing, the sound bringing her close to a sleeping state herself. Yet her thoughts ran wild, keeping her from drifting off as Keiji had.

I really love him, she thought. I can't believe he skipped school and practice to come here. I hope I didn't freak him out too much. I hate the thought of his being so worried about me. Maybe I should take him out to somewhat make up for it.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell went off and a loud knock sounded through the house. Keiji's eyes immediately shot open, making sure Y/N was still in his arms. One hand moved up to her face, the other pulling her in protectively as he looked towards the bedroom door. 

"What was that?" he asked in a raspy morning voice. 

"I think someone's at the door," she groaned. "Grab my phone, maybe whoever it is sent me a text or something."

"I'll go check, you stay here," he said, unwrapping their arms from around each other. 

With a pout she agreed, sitting up in the bed and watching as he pulled on shorts and a t-shirt. Her eyes scanned his body, words forming before she considered them. "You have a cute butt, babe."

Keiji flushed red and stood up straight, shooting her a playful glare. "You can't just say that."

A grin was plastered on Y/N's face at his embarrassment. "You say it to me," she pointed out.

"It's not the same," he grumbled, opening the bedroom door. A knocked sounded at the door again. "Stay here for now, 'kay?"

"Yes, sir."

More muttering and grumbling sounded from behind the closed door causing Y/N to laugh. It was always amusing to see her boyfriend flustered over small things like that. Her chin rested on top of her knee, her legs hugged against her chest. It was decently early in the morning, a quarter 'til 9. They slept quite a bit, falling asleep at midnight despite their nap. It was as if they were catching up on missed sleep, each other's presence the perfect remedy.

Y/N's head looked towards the door when she heard a masculine voice that wasn't Keiji's. Was there more than one? She sat up straight, legs going down. Should she get out of the bedroom and check it out? She leaned over to look for her phone, grabbing it only to remember she completely turned it off the night before to avoid calls and texts from her parents. As much as she would get scolded if they had tried to contact her, she still wanted to avoid them as much as possible. Y/N flinched when the door suddenly opened, calming when it was Keiji with a small smile. 

"Do you have shorts on?"

She furrowed her brow, lifting the comforter that still covered her legs. "Nope."

Keiji chuckled and walked fully into the bedroom, closing the door behind him. "Your friends are here. They wanted to come check up on you. I told them we're just waking up so... put on shorts or change and go brush your teeth." He walked over and stood between her legs that now hung off the side of the bed. His palms met her cheeks and continued up to push the stray hair falling over her face. "Good morning," he said against her forehead.