Chapter 3

Y/N grinned at the notification. Her hands had a mind of their own and immediately navigated through her phone. 

love 💙 would like FaceTime...

Akaashi smiled widely, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. It felt like it had been years since he saw Y/N's face. In reality he had seen her in person a few days ago, talked to her on FaceTime less than 24 hours ago, and saw her face every time he clicked his phone on. Yet seeing she was calling him made his heart swell. She was always going to be exactly what he needed. 

"Well if it isn't my favorite girl?"

"You hear that, Light? I've taken your spot!" Y/N teased to the white cat beside Keiji's head as they both laid on the blue covers. 

"Oh, Y/N, baby, I was actually talking to Light," Akaashi said apologetically. He felt horrible as Y/N's face fell. "Princess, I'm kidding! Oh god, I'm sorry!" he apologized, sitting up from his laid down position. 

"You're not funny," Y/N mumbled sadly, resting her head on folded arms. "That's mean, Keiji."

"Love, you know you're my absolute favorite," he said genuinely. His hand twitched, wanting to brush away the stray hairs falling over his girlfriend's face. He sighed and offered her a small smile. "You do know that, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," she replied, a small smile coming upon her own face. "And you're mine."

"I better be," he joked. "Tired?"

He received a shrug in response. "Not really sleepy, but not not sleepy, if that even makes any sense," she laughed, sitting up and leaning back against the chair she was seated in. "Dunno, today weirdly felt like a lot. And I might also be having a sugar crash."

"Sugar crash?" Akaashi tilted his head. "What'd you eat?"

"We went to Two Scoops because we 'endured our first day of school'," Y/N said sarcastically. "Noya and Tanaka were persistent about going somewhere so we decided to go there."

Akaashi couldn't help but stick out his bottom lip. He wanted to do things like that with Y/N, going on afterschool dates. If only they went to the same school. He asked who joined her rather than expressing his feelings of wanting to be with her more. He knew she felt the same way, so there was no need to bring it up.

They told each other about their days, Keiji admiring Y/N as she spoke. The way her hair flowed prettily, how cute she looked with her glasses on, the way her eyes sparkled, and the small smile that constantly rested on her lips. He enjoyed being the cause of that smile by telling her stories, making jokes, and sprinkling in compliments in their conversation.

Y/N did the same, admiring her boyfriend's features when he spoke about his day. His beautiful raven hair, his sparkling teal eyes, the black frame of his glasses, his jaw, soft lips. She felt soothed by the sound of his deep voice, his happy voice at that. She loved that he rarely ever used a bored tone around her, compared to how he sounded around others.

That night Y/N fell asleep to Akaashi reading a novel to her. Once he heard her soft and steady breathing he unconsciously put a hand over his heart. He sat there for a few seconds, discarding his book and throwing it to the side. He loved the sight of her hugging her arms close, her nose to the special spot he sprayed cologne when giving up a new hoodie once one was returned. 

"Sweet dreams, love," he whispered softly before hanging up the call. 

love 💙

11:07 p.m. you look so cute cuddled up in my hoodie

11:07 p.m. goodnight baby, i love you and ill talk to you tomorrow