"We need you for this mission. Wouldn't want you dead, now would we?" I reply, shrugging it off with my monotonous voice.

"Send me the address." He replies, even more coldly than before. The call suddenly hangs up. I text him the address of the warehouse on my phone.

I walk down the stairs from where my office is to the main part of the warehouse. I check out through the many entrances, and stand outside to wait for Luca.

I walk to the side of a neighboring building and lean against the brick on the side of it. I check my email for any important updates or information for about 20 minutes, when a grayish Tesla pulls up, a well dressed Luca stepping out of it.

Of course he has a Tesla.

I see him looking around for me for a few beats before our eyes lock. His face is hard and cold, even more so than usual. Did I do something?
He stalks towards me, making my gaze move from his face to his body. Shit.

He's wearing a different suit than this morning, now wearing a navy blue set and a simple white button down. In the place of a tie, are a few open buttons at the top. His hair is either sweaty or wet, but for my own sake, I'm hoping it's the latter.

"Why the fuck am I here? I was busy." He demands once he reaches me.

I roll my eyes at him. "Stop whining. This whole situation could have been avoided if you had just fucking told me that there's a hit out on you!" I reply exasperatedly, pointing an accusing finger at him.

He narrows his eyes at me. "It wasn't any of your business."

My face turns emotionless in reaction to an uncomfortable feeling that washes through my body. "Be fucking grateful I called you here in the first place, Laurent." I grit out, and see him clench his jaw in response.

I begin to walk towards the warehouse and stop in my tracks when I realize he isn't following. I turn around to face him. "Are you coming or are you just gonna stand there?" I question, annoyed.

I whip back around and make my way to the warehouse. By the time I reach the front door, Luca has fallen in step next to me. I'm about to type the pin for the warehouse in, but realize other people may not be comfortable with him knowing that.

Sensing my pause, he turns and gives me a questioning and irritated glance. "Turn around." I order.

He scoffs in return. "You trust me enough to live in your house but not to know the fucking code to your warehouse?" He challenges.

My eyes narrow into slits as I look back at him. "You're the one who couldn't trust me with the fact that people are all competing for your fucking head." I retort, the anger coming back at full force.

He doesn't answer but stays looking down at me stubbornly. "Oh my God, Luca, look!" I exclaim, fake gasping, and quickly jamming the code in when he looks away.

I open the door and he looks back at me with a confused expression, before it clicks and his eyes narrow at me. I smirk and hold the door for him to enter, shutting it when he does so.

We walk through the other entrances, although those only require fingerprints so I don't have to distract Luca again. We finally reach the area where the trusted members are, and I think both me and Luca can sense when they register who we are. They all become obviously uneasy and create significant room between themselves and us.

However, there are still the girls who are obviously eyeing Luca, and I shoot them stern glares in response that cause them to cower away from us.

Why I did this? I don't know.

Luca, following close behind me, suddenly comes to my side and puts his hand on my lower back. I look up at him and see a glower plastered on his face as he looks at the members. I frown when I see his expression him and elbow him to gesture to be a little less rude. He looks down at me, however, he doesn't seem to get the memo.