𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒

After school, Y/N and Steve decided to go study which just ended up them talking and getting to know each other for hours. They also had finally exchanged numbers since Steve was tired of calling Dustin's residence. It was also Y/N's day off from babysitting the party since she had to work on a few essays. By the time, it was already late (5:00pm)

"Isn't it so weird that we're literal opposites and we get along so well?" Y/N began.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Steve responded, "We seem to have a lot of common and I guess that's why we get along?"

"Yeah you're right. Wait-Wouldn't Nancy be upset with you hanging out with me?" She questioned as she scribbled on a piece of paper a badly drawn frog.

"No. Actually, she would be kind of excited and happy that we're getting along," Steve answered, "She isn't the jealous type."

"Oh okay, I just don't want Nancy to think that we're doing something else-"

"Don't worry, I mean she's with Jonathan most of the time. I guess the two lonely ones are together huh?" He joked while he grabbed Y/N's paper and observed it, "Can I borrow this and use it for my paper?"

"Ugh, fine. But only this time," Y/N put one finger up.

"That's fine anyways I didn't want to-"

"Y/N-What are you doing?" a voice called out.

Steve and Y/N turned around to find Dustin burst into her room. Finding both of them on her bed made him think...well let's say something different we don't want to talk about.

"Steve?! What the fuck," Dustin complained as he looked at Steve's dumbfounded expression.

"DUSTIN! I TOLD YOU TO KNOCK ON THE FUCKING DOOR!" Y/N yelled.

"What were you two doing?" Dustin barked back with his arms crossed.

"WE WERE STUDYING DUSTIN. WE.WERE.STUDYING!" Y/N answered while she threw her arms in the air and had a flushed face.

"QUIT THE YELLING!" Y/N's mom yelled as she came up the stairs. As soon as she came up she found Dustin in the doorway.

"It was Dustin mom, he thinks I was doing something else with Steve. Which we weren't since he has a girlfriend. We were just studying," Y/N noted.

"Yeah, Mrs. L/N we were just studying and writing our essays. You can look if you want," Steve defended as he gave her Y/N's essay.

"More like studying human anatomy-" Dustin mumbled.

"Be quiet, Dustin or we'll tell your mom," M/N snapped as she peeked at the essay and had a relaxed expression, "it's fine, I didn't really think you would do something."

Steve got up from Y/N's bed, grabbed his things, and acknowledged, "Oh, I need to go pick up Nancy."

"Oh! You can just have dinner with us if you would like to," M/N offered and pat his arm. Damn this man was taller compared to Y/N's mom and her.

"No thank you, I have to meet a few people for dinner. Anyways, I think I've been studying with your daughter for too long and now I'm running late" Steve kindly declined the offer and went downstairs with Y/N, as well as M/N.

"Okay, well, it was nice meeting you, Jonathan," M/N asserted.

"Mom, his name is Steve," Y/N whispered to her mom.

"Oh, my bad. Nice meeting you Steve," M/N repeated.

"Yeah. Thank you Mrs. L/N," He emitted.

"Bye," Y/N waved with a shy smile as her mom headed to the kitchen.