• ONE •

LIFE can only be lived once, if you're given a chance to relive it, you're lucky.

At the age of twenty-two, Kim Dahyun had officially wedded the man of her dreams and romantic fantasies.

Pure luck. That's what people - especially the bitter ladies of her age who knows nothing aside from talking about other people's lives - referred to her marriage with her now two-year husband, Kim Taehyung.

Marrying a man with gorgeous looks, Greek god body, intelligence, money, fame, and respect has always been most of the girls' dream. It is indeed a one out of a hundred chance for a woman from a well-off-but-not-really-wealthy family to marry a guy who is enormously wealthy and incredibly handsome like Kim Taehyung.

It'll indeed be a perfect love story for Kim Dahyun if they just got married because of love, but no. Their marriage is not bound with love, but bound by a heartwarming payback by Kim Taehyung's family to Kim Dahyun's.

Twenty years ago, while the seven-year-old Kim Taehyung and his nanny were waiting for their private driver to fetch them on the busy sidewalk of Gangnam, Taehyung lost his grip on his ball which rolled directly to the middle of the road where the full speed vehicles were moving around. Squeals filled the open road as an eight-wheeler truck's horn and the screeching sound of its wheels started filling the whole area. Taehyung turned to his left and saw the blinding lights from the big vehicle that's approaching him. His feet got frozen on the ground, maybe that's the kind of feeling one would feel in face of death. But in spite of his young mind, he knew what exactly was going to happen to him. He closed his eyes, ready to face his death and eventually follow his parents up in heaven. But to his surprise, he didn't feel a tremendous pain on his whole body, but felt his knees scratched on the rough ground instead.

He was saved. He was pushed aside to the sidewalk by an old and unknown man.

Everything was blurred on Taehyung's sight as he tried opening his lids and saw his nanny running hysterically towards him. She immediately asked him how he was and if he was hurt, but he didn't reply, he lifted his light body up and ran to the middle of road to check the condition of his saviour instead. Though his sight was blurry, he knew that the red liquid surrounding the man's body was a pool of blood. He cried as his knees collapsed on the ground. It was him again. He caused another death again.

The man was dead in exchange for his life.

"We'll be forever grateful of your husband for saving my grandson, Mrs. Kim. I know money wouldn't be enough to replace your loss but that's the least thing that we can give you and your family in return. Let me support your grandchildren's education for a lifetime and I'll be willing to connect my family to yours in the future."

"I'm sorry but what do you mean by that, Madame Kim?"

"One of your granddaughters will have the honor of marrying the next generation heir of our clan."

And so it happened, both Kims - the wealthy one and the lucky one - united by the marriage of their grandchildren.

Still and all, at the span of two years, Taehyung hadn't treated Dahyun as his real wife.

They live at the same house, but Taehyung never spared a glance at her unless she called for his attention. They sleep at the same room, but Taehyung never slept at the same bed as hers. They eat at the same table, but Taehyung's too busy with reading the reports from their company to even notice that she's just sitting across him. Figuratively, Dahyun was treated like a figurine placed on that house just for display - nothing more, nothing less.

Well, she can still consider herself lucky that he's still living with her, 'cause if not with the promise Taehyung made with his deceased beloved grandmother, he will never live with her. But, don't get him wrong. He isn't in love with anybody else nor cheating his so-called wife. He just doesn't like the fact that all his efforts for becoming a successful bachelor had come to an end when he was chosen to be the heir of their family and got to marry someone whom he isn't fond of.